Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SES, a wholly owned subsidiary of Worley is recruiting a Electrical Technician based onshore in Altens, Aberdeen on a full-time, permanent basis.
Support Service Team Lead to provide fit for service Plant & Equipment with appropriate validated certification. Carry out service/repairs in line with the company procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through language, behaviour and actions.
- Demonstrate recognition and responsibility for the safety of colleagues and others on site.
- Promote and encourage team safety in Tool Box Talks & Risk Assessments.
- Good working knowledge and experience of mechanical plant and equipment.
- Carryout Inspection, repair and maintenance of wide variety Plant & Equipment including Electrical/ Welding equipment within limits of authorisation.
- Report and document faults in a timely manner and to appropriate standard.
- Assist in the safe loading and unloading equipment.
- If required work on site or support the other depots for cover.
- If working on other sites or depots, ensure all local working procedures are clearly understood at all times
- Repairs/test client owned equipment.
- Provide Backload inspection / minor repairs.
- Report any faults & repair costs found in Electrical/Welding returned from clients.
- Undertake any product training required.
- Comply with the company's environmental policy.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company safety plans and approved processes and in accordance with SES procedure's.
- Attend the daily scheduled safety brief.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by management
Required qualifications / certification:
Qualifications may be achieved through the following routes:
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- More recent apprenticeships or training routes can result in the following awards (not all)
- Technical qualification with applicable electrical background - City and Guilds / BTec/NC/ NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation / SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- AM2 - Applicable for those in England who have achieved an Electrical Qualification through the adult entry site assessment route. Checks should be made to ensure AM2 has been achieved.
- COMPEX EX01,EX02, EX03, EX04 (5 Years' experience mandatory for this role)
- Risk Assessment
- Managing Health & Safety
- ONC/HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- IEE Current Edition