Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Operations Management, Drilling Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
In anticipation of a transition to a 2/3 rota we would like to invite people to apply for the position of Platform Superintendent on a provisional basis.
The Platform Superintendent controls, manages and takes responsibility for the activities of the platform services, production (East Brae only), construction, and well services teams. Ensuring that a safe, integrated, reliable and cost effective operation that meets company and statutory requirements exists, and continually strives for performance improvement.
- To provide leadership, direction and motivation to the departmental supervisors of the Services, Integrity, Production, Construction and Well Services departments. To ensure teams execute work activities safely, in line with statutory and company guidelines, procedures and schedules and efficiently deliver on their respective platform departmental objectives.
- To set and communicate achievable expectations and priorities on a daily and weekly basis and measurable KPI's on a quarterly and annual basis, to the Services, Integrity, Production, Construction and Well Services departments.
- To promote safety, reliability and cost efficiency initiatives to all the groups under his/her jurisdiction. Continuously challenge and monitor practices and procedures that ensure safety and/or reliability, reducing costs and/or increasing revenues.
- To act/deputise as Platform Manager. To assume all the tactical responsibilities of the that position whilst providing this cover, with the exception of strategic decisions, budget decisions and applicable PDP appraisals
- Provide leadership, direction and motivation to the various departments to enhance the safety of personnel and environmental performances for which the role is accountable.
- Develop measurement and monitoring tools and initiatives for performance improvements against the dimensions of safety, reliability, cost control and efficiencies.
- Ensure communication occurs of departmental performance and expectations against KPI's, on a trip basis to all members of the respective teams.
- Conduct performance appraisals of the Offshore Integrity Supervisors and Production Team Leaders. Prepare applicable development plans and undertake competence assessments.
- Promote and participate in the Rockrose competency assessment scheme (BSM) as an assessor and/or internal verifier. Provide regular, clear feedback to personnel on performance including any areas for improvement.
- Responsible for Bilfinger time-writing.
- Undertake Bilfinger Scorecard assessments from a departmental and individual supervision perspective. Develop a supervisor scorecard for Bilfinger supervision and charge-hands that is aligned to the Bilfinger appraisal system. Provide input to the offshore contract sponsors on performance issues from individuals or teams.
- Conduct Primary Function Monitoring tasks as per the platform schedule and ensure that actions are taken as required to sustain and improve the function.
- Be the platform's primary Incident Investigation competent person and take the lead role with compilation of Root Cause Analysis and incident investigation, supporting independent investigation teams as required.
- Close out assigned Synergy actions in a timely manner.
- Perform emergency response duties as detailed in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Act as offshore owner of assigned key contracts as required, proving feedback and support to the onshore contract owners and the Supply Chain department.
Engineering degree or relevant technical qualification desirable.
Qualified as an A1 assessor (preferred).
Proven ability to lead and organise personnel and resources, and effectively plan activities.
Competent in the management of major emergency events to the OPITO approved "Emergency Response Standards for OIM's".
Minimum 10 years' Operations experience, 3 years of which should be in an offshore supervisory role or in an equivalent onshore role (preferred).
Specialised job knowledge:
Must be able to demonstrate relevant supervisory key competencies.