Lead Project Engineer - Nexus Controls
The Controls Lead Professional Engineer will develop experienced based customer relationships, leading engineered solutions and upgrade projects that provide customer value and ROI that exceed that of our competition. In this role you will be responsible for the design of control system using Baker Hughes state of art Nexus Controls for turbines for generator/compressor, EDP and DCS/BOP. You will provide feedback to product developers and designers to improve the product quality and effectiveness. You will lead development of custom solutions that supply the world with energy. This is a great opportunity at a company that values and is recognized for technical expertise.Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Plans and executes projects involving Gas/Steam turbines for generator /compressor controls, EDP and DCS/BOP.
- Leads all engineering activities at OTR (order-to-remittance) phase.
- Review and interpret customer specifications, tender documents and proposals to develop technical scope of work and drawings
- Designs hardware and software configuration packages according to project requirements. Designs operator interface graphics and network topologies. Releases system design to manufacturing.
- Lead project kick off meetings with customers.
- Work in collaboration with project managers and supply chain to identify and plan activities required for project execution.
- Develop drawings for wiring, elementary, marshaling panel and control cabinet.
- Ensure the successful execution of projects within the region and meet internal & external quality requirements.
- Develops overall control strategy for the GT/ST and DCS/BOP projects. Design hardware and software configuration packages in accordance to the project specifications.
- Develop test procedures, conduct and lead Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) SW/HW FAT with Customers to demonstrate & validate Controls Functionality with customer's representatives.
- Compile O&M manual publication lists.
- Work closely to global team, following procedures and best practices.
- Assist in customer service issues resolution, warranty and customer support activities.
- Develop and utilize standard design processes to effectively promote and competitively position BH-NC as a value-added systems integrator providing customer solutions.
- Interpret customer needs, understand technical issues/ constraints, and provide technical screen of opportunities.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or equivalent with 5-10 years in design, packaging and integration for turbine (gas, steam or hydro) and DCS/BOP controls system experience.
- Ability to serve the roles as Project Engineer, Controls Engineer, HMI and Hardware engineer and Commissioning engineer.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to understand P&ID, control schematic and system logic diagrams.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills and highly proficient in computer applications.
- Working knowledge of the Nexus Controls system and GE Mark series control system, including Control System Toolbox and Cimplicity HMI.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine, steam turbine, or combined-cycle power plant controls including DCS / BOP.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Proven ability to meet agreed-upon goals with minimum supervision.
- Self directed and highly motivated with ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) with good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel to customer and vendor sites internationally.
- Familiarity with non-GE turbines or third-party control systems.
- Strong preference for individuals experienced in design on generator and compressor applications.
- Good Knowledge of GE Frame 9FA, 7EA , 7FA , 9E and GE Exciters will be added advantage
Local Package will be offered. Location:
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more