Responsible for managing a team to deliver capital and expense projects for BP facilities putting in place the processes and governance to ensure the technical integrity of the projects and assigned work activities are completed across all phases of the project and delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.About the opportunity
As the Project Engineering Superintendent, you will lead the execution of the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) function for the capital projects portfolio. Through the fit for purpose application of portfolio/project management practices you will deliver the capital plan commensurate with project risk and best-in-class Industry performance and will be the site Functional Authority for Project Excellence
You will lead a team of seven Project Managers, and you will interface regularly with senior business leaders, EPC Contractors, Operations, Finance and the Turnaround, Events and Construction Team within Maintenance. You will also be a member of the Site Leadership team.Key Responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering inherently safe and operable assets in accordance with BP, HSSE and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements
- Deliver the annual capital plan and manage interfaces between stakeholders.
- Development of longer-term capital plans, consistent with site investment strategy.
- Performance of the project team against industry benchmarking (IPA).
- Accountable for the provision of efficient and timely Engineering Technical Services for the Refinery Project Portfolio
- Accountable for the systematic improvement in project delivery and improving capital efficiency for the business
- Accountable for the provision of efficient and timely Engineering Technical Services for the Refinery for simple, low complexity, project improvement activities
- Oversee the portfolio of projects from project initiation, development, design, construction, commissioning and all phases of project delivery, including engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up and closeout activities
- Establish project objectives and priorities with business stakeholders that are aligned with the overall site strategy
- Ensure compliance with the relevant requirements of the BP Project Common Practice (PCP)
To be successful in the Project Engineering Superintendent role, you will have extensive experience in a managerial role delivering (EPC) for a large capital projects portfolio within a high hazard continuous processing facility.
You will be an enthusiastic and driven leader who has experience creating and leading teams of direct, indirect and contractor resources to deliver project within scope.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Strong behavioural safety and performance-based leadership
- Experience in and a highly advanced understanding of stage gated project execution processes and Front-End Loading (FEL) concepts in project development
- Experience in managing engineering and construction contractors and thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables and construction practices
- Proven success in delivering and highly advanced knowledge of project execution planning including project contracting, construction strategy development and understanding of project controls and project management systems
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- An understanding of relevant refining industry practices, codes, and standards
- Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a Project Management industry certification
We can offer you a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team.
We are a global organisation with fantastic opportunities for professional and personal growth with a collaborative culture.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.