This position is the key lead responsible for finance controllership for Joint Venture entity in Malaysia
In this role, the operational controller will partner with JV CFO, Country Controller and Operations team to provide controllership, finance and compliance support, ensuring that both the functional and operating teams have a strong controllership mindset.Responsible for the overall financial statement accuracy and operational controllership, including closing activities by leading the JV finance team and manage day-to-day accounting operations of JV, financial reporting, financial controls, account reconciliations, balance sheet reviews, enterprise resource planning etc
Drive SOX certification, improper payment compliance, internal audit, site risk assessment & on-time Statutory obligations
Partner with JV CFO and key operational stakeholders to drive controllership involvement up front in the processes
Support continuous simplification & process improvement initiatives to maximize efficiencies; including ERP upgrade, closing post mortem.
Lead Statutory, tax, Internal audits involving close co-ordinations with auditors to ensure timely completions.
Work with tax teams to support tax audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CA, CPA, MBA Finance preferred
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a similar position
- Positive attitude & 'can-do' approach; bring proactiveness, energy, passion & risk mindset
- Adaptable/Flexible : being open to changes in response to new information, different or unexpected, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: accepting & adhering to high moral, ethical and personal values in decisions, communications, actions & when dealing with others.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial and process issues
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex issues across a broad audience
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Solid accounting knowledge, good understanding of processes, systems and ERP functionality (Oracle)
- Prior experience (preferred) in regional finance environment, for example statutory reporting, taxes etc
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage