A key focus of the BH Legal & Compliance Department is to build, maintain and continuously improve the compliance culture across the company through prevention and detection of, and response to, compliance issues and implementation of BH's core compliance processes. The Legal & Compliance team is the voice of compliance across the company, partnering with the business, functions and regions to ensure a culture of complete compliance is generated and maintained.
This position supports BH's Digital Solutions product line. It is focused on setting compliance priorities and managing compliance matters impacting the Product Company, including communications and training support, working with Product Company leadership on continuous risk assessment and abatement, and supporting larger BHGE compliance initiatives and objectives. Essential Responsibilities:
The candidate needs to be proactive, a self-starter and process oriented - he/she needs to be a promoter of BH values and seen as a key example of integrity as well as an agent of change.
Ideal candidate would have previous compliance experience; CAS graduate
In addition, the Compliance Leader will have the following responsibilities:
- Report to the Product Company General Counsel.
- Establish and continuously drive Product Company compliance vision & priorities.
- Ensure Product Company compliance procedures align with requirements of BH's code of conduct.
- Ensure rigorous programs to identify, manage and abate key risks, including risk assessments to evaluate key risks and collecting and reporting on information about risk areas: e.g. early warning system, metrics, audit results. Assist with the annual risk assessment matrix to incorporate Product Company risks into the BHGE overall assessment.
- Champion and support the BH open reporting system, supporting investigations, as required, and ensuring matters are closed quickly and appropriate actions taken.
- Design and conduct strong communication and training programs to drive employee awareness about key risks, ensuring effective delivery and working proactively with all team members (including Product Company leadership and the wider BH Legal & Compliance team) to drive compliance communications and guidance
- Organize and lead the quarterly Product Company Compliance Review Board meetings.
- Work with Product Company General Counsel and regional Legal & Compliance teams to ensure strong governance and compliance culture is maintained in high risk jurisdictions and high risk business models (including alliances, JVs etc).
- Provide monthly Product Company updates to BH Chief Compliance Officer.
- Provide support to Product Company legal and sales teams to ensure appropriate compliance language is consistently incorporated in customer and vendor contracts.
- Drive process simplification in a variety of legal and compliance activities, in coordination with the wider Compliance team.
- Execute special projects as needed, including development of new compliance tools/programs to address business needs and emerging risks, from identification through final execution, ensuring successful accomplishment of key objectives.
- Support the Product Company Business Development team to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and assist compliance integrations in acquired businesses.
- Monitor global compliance laws and regulations applicable to the Product Company and communicate their applicability to the business and operations.
- Ensure that business processes & procedures are being proactively monitored, reviewed and analyzed for existing or potential compliance violations & concerns.
- Participates in BHGE Legal Compliance routine meetings and communication tools.
- Bachelors degree or law degree from an accredited university/ law school or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant related work experience. Knowledge of, or experience with, compliance issues, such as: remote site risks, controllership, anti-money laundering and privacy, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA"), UK Bribery Act and Competition law
- Ability to travel
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned with teammates.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence.
- A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment.
- Ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
- Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities and a well-developed sense of humor.
- CAS, Black Belt six sigma process skills a plus.
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, Arabic, or another language is a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more