Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Workover or Completion
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Baker Hughes Completions and Production group is currently seeking an experienced Engineer. As part of a multidisciplinary team they will be involved in developing new and innovative products. The work will focus on the development of downhole completion tools and production equipment. As a Lead Engineer, you will take the technical lead on various projects, and guide our early career engineers. You will present to peers/management/cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy. The successful candidate will discover all of the customer's requirements, provide iterative design changes using client feedback, and write comprehensive final reports to both internal and external customers.
- Work in multidisciplinary team to develop products for all Completion product lines. The team's primary goal is to develop innovative completion system tools to meet new product specifications
- Plans and conducts design, and development of standard engineering assignments.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to specifications.
- Be the lead engineer on projects with some functional supervision.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- May be assisted by entry or junior level personnel.
- Assists in project planning and review.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Participates in HSE and Quality related activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics with 5+ years of analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing qualification / test programs and ability to set-up and execute prescribed tests
- Familiarity with SAP
- Results oriented self-starter with track record of delivering results