Global Subsea Systems (GSS) is responsible for the specification, design, delivery and maintenance of Subsea Production Systems (SPS). This includes components from the wellhead through to flow-line entry as well as miscellaneous topside elements. GSS acts as BP's single face to the subsea hardware suppliers for equipment design procurement, storage, maintenance and onshore repair. GSS also provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to concept development and operations.
The GSS Subsea Systems Engineer role will report to the GSS Reliability & Systems Engineering Team Lead. The role is responsible for leading subsea facility design for multiple eastern hemisphere projects. The role will ensure design integration between the wellhead and the pipeline inlet (for production and injection fluids) and manage interfaces between SPS, well, and pipeline systems through all stages of the project.
- Accountable for engineering deliverables related to multiple SPS systems including, but not limited to SPS basis of design (if not furnished by the project), specification register, ETP lists, technology plan, reliability plan, engineering execution plan, etc.
- Accountable for wellhead to pipeline inlet design integration
- Provide leadership to GSS and Project based Engineers as needed
- Ensure technical risks are managed and reported through design (utilising project risk management process)
- Leverage the greater GSS organization and catalogue to deliver value for the GoM projects
- Manage Interfaces across SPS, well, and project scope to ensure integrated engineering solution
- Lead development and ensure robust execution of design verification plan across all SPS
- Oversight of applicable GSS and Project Engineering Contractors activities to ensure compliant and integrated solutions are delivered
- Ensure that the SPS systems can provide Operations and Subsurface with the functionality, availability, and flexibility to deliver promised operating efficiency and production profile targets.
- Manage key systems level interfaces for the SPS scope include D&C, Operations, Subsurface, Regulatory, UEC flow assurance, S&OR, GSE and GSS.
- Provide engineering support to the "GSS Services Team" as required
- Coordinate GSS input into SPS and SURF schematics, P&ID's and HAZOP requirements as needed
- Ensure onshore testing requirements are integrated within the overall project philosophy.
- Assure implementation of system Reliability Strategy and SPS Technology Plan
- Verification and Assurance Activity Planning for system level activities (PHSSER, HAZOPS/HAZIDS etc.)
- Ensure that package level verification activities are carried out in accordance with GPO and GSS requirements.
- Aggressively manage the SPS document distribution matrix and overall review process for technical documents to ensure appropriate level of technical assurance
- Own and manage Technical Clarification and Deviation Management registers
- Update GSS Engineering procedures and processes as directed by the Engineering, Quality, and Project Services Managers.
Essential Experience & Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or equivalent.
Preferred or Desired Experiences/Criteria:
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering and delivery of subsea hardware.
- Previous strong experience in system engineering.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-discipline decision making in a key engineering role.
- Experience managing third party design contractors, and/or EPIC contractors to deliver engineering.
- Knowledge of industry standards and BSEE requirements.
- Experience in technology qualification and implementation
- Ability to set clear direction, expectations and accountabilities
- Experience with GoM work processes
- Experience of Contractor performance management.
- Knowledge of BP's Engineering Technical Practices, OMS and MPcp.
- Professional Accreditation (PE / Chartership)