Baker Hughes is currently hiring an Intellectual Property Counsel based in Houston, Texas.
In this role, you will report to the Managing IP Counsel and will be responsible for providing counsel to one or more Product Lines.Essential Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications
- Assisting in developing global patent prosecution strategies; and providing superior counseling to world class scientists and corporate management staff regarding intellectual property matters
- Managing an international trademark portfolio
- Supporting intellectual property assertions and litigation for the assigned product line(s)
- Drafting, negotiating, and enforcing license agreements, joint development agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Assisting in the acquisition and divestiture of intellectual property rights when appropriate
- Reviewing third party patents, providing validity and infringement opinions to product line management and assisting in the development of strategic patenting opportunities for the client
- Performs additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor's and law degrees
- 5 to 10 years patent and trademark prosecution experience, as well as transactional experience is required.
- Must be licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark office
- Holds a JD from an ABA accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in at least one state, preferably Texas
- Knowledge and experience with managing an assigned intellectual property portfolio
- Knowledge and experience regarding patent and trademark prosecution strategies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in drafting intellectual property agreements, patent clearances, and assertion matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Preferred educational backgrounds in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline
- Familiarity with the oilfield service business in general is preferred. Corporate experience is a plus.