BP Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) is a team of engineers with a wide range of disciplines supporting its worldwide refining portfolio. The team is an experienced group of technical experts, and is integral to safe and reliable operations, as well as the design of new equipment. The Principal Engineer - Reliability provides deep and broad technical expertise in the areas of maintenance, technical and operations, focused on proven reliability techniques and performance improvement, including:
- Provides deep and broad expertise in the latest methodologies, tools and techniques that support reliability performance improvements.
- Drives the deployment of the Global Reliability Improvement Program (G-RIP) across the refining portfolio; leading processes by delivering training material, providing on-site support and coaching/mentoring to both site reliability staff and the RTE reliability engineers.
The Principal Engineer - Reliability will report to the Discipline Leader - Reliability in RTE.
The key accountabilities for the role are:
- Support RTE safety targets and demonstrate care by acting as role model in all areas of personal and process safety. Follow safety rules, show risk awareness and intervene/report where safety rules have been broken or can be improved.
- As part of the G-RIP global program deployment:
- Develop reliability processes according to Refining's reliability framework and under consideration of industry state-of-the-art processes and tools
- Customize standard reliability processes based on site specific needs and in close cooperation with key business stakeholders
- Transfer reliability processes into defect elimination plans and project initiation to support sites availability targets
- Develop, execute and continuously improve regular reliability assessment processes; including development and communication of plans to close identified gaps
- Execute and support studies on site at the asset and equipment level to strengthen data driven reliability processes and business decisions
- Support development and introduction of IT infrastructure & business processes and tools, necessary
- Work closely together with BP internal communities through either formal membership or active support
- Develop and communicate reliability related training material and other relevant documents to support the reliability framework implementation process within sites
- Conduct reliability training for site personnel to establish reliability expertise within sites
- Initiate and ensure knowledge and experience sharing across sites, disciplines and functions by creating and strengthening relationships and formal sharing processes between individuals and businesses
- Bachelors of Engineer Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or equivalent.
- 7+ years in Manufacturing Operations, Maintenance, or Reliability Experience in refining and/or petrochemicals