As change makers in our industry, at Baker Hughes and Turbomachinery and Process Solutions (TPS) we create new ways to collaborate with our colleagues, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Social Responsibility are built into everything we do, from how we design our products, to the way we plan and execute for our customers. Our expectation is to make every day a Perfect HSE Day with no injuries, accidents, illnesses, or harm to the environment.
For our Power Transmission Manufacturing Plant in Fougerolles (FR), we are looking forward to hiring a talented HSE leader.
As the HSE Plant Leader, you will lead a small Team of HSE Professionals. You will partner with and act as a coach for the Plant Leadership Team, to reduce and manage risks associated with operations and strengthen an interdependent HSE culture.
You will report to the HSE Manager for PT/TM based in Florence (Italy) and dotted line to the Fougerolles Business Manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Plant Leadership Team, drive a sense of shared accountability and continuous improvement in the HSE performance and culture by integrating HSE in business decisions, management system and everything they do;
- Act as the subject matter expert on Health, Safety and Environment topics and foster employee engagement in an Interdependent culture;
- Engage and cooperate with the broader TPS team to deploy consistent practices and standards globally and accelerate performance improvements in a non-traditional, non-conventional way
- Own Health, Safety and Environment programs;
- Prepare and report-out on key metrics including HiPo (high potential events), I&I rate, concern reporting, STOP work, environmental KPI's;
- Ensure proper permits are secured and valid in a timely manner;
- Schedule and maintain site inspections by required dates;
- Maintain governmental compliance as related to HSE requirements and reporting;
- Coordinate execution of HSE strategic action plan for the Site;
- Contribute in keeping relevant policies and procedures updated;
- Identify and act on opportunities to continuously improve;
- Act as the subject matter expert on HSE topics including but not limited to emergency preparedness, safety risk assessments and safe working procedures, HSE training, ergonomics, contractor safety, industrial hygiene and crisis management;
- Own OHSAS 18001, HSE Framework and HSE Management system for the Plant;
- Induct and train local employees and contractors on HSE awareness and BHGE rules and also on job-specific risks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineer or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Environmental Management, Occupational Safety or related field;
- Strong experience with exposure to several HSE areas in a manufacturing or repair environment;
- Ability to embrace and drive change;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside Baker Hughes (regulatory agencies);
- Executive presentations skills
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, able to function with a minimum of daily supervision
- Ability to identify a goal or objective and develop plans and strategies
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong positive attitude about performance and teamwork
- Ability to lead a change of culture
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Six Sigma certification
- Incose certification
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more