Our fuel additives group has a big customer base; varying from oil majors to independent trading companies and from waste oil plants to biodiesel producers.
We are talking to our customers on a daily basis (face to face, via Skype and or through sales calls) to get a clear view and understanding on their current and potential upcoming needs in terms of additive applications.
The business we do is very diverse. We work on urgent, trouble solving, spot requirements where we need to deliver and/or inject our chemicals on board of ship's or into shore tanks at oil terminals within 24 hours (P2R, Prepared to Respond).
We also work on longer term projects requiring more extensive research and negotiations. In both cases we are focused on creating value for our customers and push for flawless execution.
Our entire team is responsible for sales, business development and account management which also requires operational involvement (working together with sourcing, logistics, engineers and other stakeholders).
We value relationships/partnerships and attend various customer events throughout the region during the year to grow our network and build our brand.Essential Responsibilities:
- Selling products and services to existing and new customers within the market for Crude Oil & Finished Fuel Additives.
- Explore and develop new business ventures and enhanced service opportunities through current and active accounts.
- Developing and maintaining strong sales and working relationships with major customers for the Product Line.
- Handle and manage both medium and large scale accounts for the Product Line.
- Responsible for training and presenting to customers as well as coaching and support for other sales personnel within the Baker Hughes Petrolite Product Line.
- Provide reporting to the P2R management on account activity and delivery.
- Support sales strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (e.g. Chemistry, Petroleum Engineering)
- Proven background in downstream chemicals and / or oil trading domain linked to technical selling and / or commercial awareness
- Commercially astute
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and rapport with customers
- A flexible and adaptable approach to role responsibilities & commitments (regular & reactive travel)
- Computer literacy
- Comprehensive, specialized technical knowledge of company's products and services and their application to customer requirements and competitive market.
- Proven account management or business development (sales) in downstream chemicals or specific product line services.
Hoogvliet-Rotterdam, NetherlandsLearn more
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more