The role of the Project Quality Engineer (PQE) is to support Operations, with regards to implementation of, and compliance with, the Quality Management System (QMS) in support of the full business cycle (Inquiry To Order / Order To Remittance) including providing dedicated support to projects.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and instruction to personnel regarding the requirements of the QMS.
- Develop, implement and follow-up Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans necessary to assure the quality of product and service delivery.
- Support and ensure the use of the appropriate non-conformance reporting systems as they apply to projects, i.e. product non-conformance reports, customer complaints, corrective actions, preventive actions and concession requests.
- Assist in the development of Project Procedures and Work Instructions required by the organization to ensure control of processes.
- Support the development and maintenance of project performance metrics as required by the organization which reflect the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Provide Quality Assurance services as directed by Nordic Services Quality Leader
- Compliance with project EHS Plan, Quality Plan and related requirements
- Manage and coordinate project quality Risk assessment
- Perform/participate in Project Audits
- Lesson Learned reporting, maintain& communication
- Assist Project in training requirements
- Time served apprenticeship in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in similar role in a similar industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Trained and qualified Internal Auditor
- Ability to work across organisation boundaries inside and outside company and have strong influencing skills on Quality related matters.
- Methodical and organized and capable of working under own direction with minimum of supervision.
- Flexible approach and be willing to travel as required.
- Motivates and empowers others in order to reach organizational goals.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action. He/she should also have the goal in their vision and should achieve the planned goal.
- Demonstrates good team working abilities and should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams.
- Maintains customer focus, both internal and external. Good customer relationships are to be maintained to help generate a sense of belonging for internal customers and project the company as being customer sensitive to external customers.
- Organizes and schedules events, activities and resources. Sets up and monitors timescales and plans.
- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001, API Q1
- Competent and experienced auditor
- Sound product technical knowledge and an understanding of Engineering Drawings, Part Specifications, API codes and Industry Standards
- The ability to interpret Contractual QA requirements.
- Ability to develop Quality Surveillance Plans
- Ability to develop Quality Assurance Plans
- Ability to develop metrics which reflect the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Ability to identify root causes of problems, process breakdowns and non-conformances in order to develop and implement effective corrective actions.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to communicate and interface with GE Oil & Gas personnel, suppliers, clients, client representatives and competent bodies on matters of quality and final product acceptance
- Must be familiar with the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have the ability to generate concise detailed reports
- Ability to perform/participate in External Supplier Audits
- Speak and write Norwegian and English fluently
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more