Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for supporting sample analysis and data provision, helping to develop and maintain formulations, support quality assurance activities, participate in process improvement, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment and provide test method training, whilst operating in a safe, tidy and efficient manner.Challenge Program
This is a 3-year graduate program with two assignments, providing early career development opportunities for high potential young graduates to accumulate cross BU knowledge/skills to be future leaders or senior experts as subject discipline. With structured development plan, graduates will benefit from a broad base of support and trainings from senior leaders, line manager, mentor and colleagues. All these personal mentoring, structured learning programs, expert advice and regular appraisals will help prepare you for great success with BP.
The Graduate Chemist (or Graduate Engineer) will work in the Castrol China Technology Centre (CCTC) which provides Technology Deployment for Industrial and Automotive businesses in addition to Product Development for car engine oils and driveline fluids for the Asia and Pacific region. CCTC is one of many technology centers that are a part of the global function, Formulated Products Technology which provides lubricants solutions and support for the Global Castrol Lubricants business.
Over the three years training period the Graduate will complete two different placements in Technology Deployment for Industrial and Automotive businesses and Product Development of Automotive lubricants . At the end of a successful training period the Graduate will be placed in a permanent role in one of the teams as determined by business requirements.
The Graduate will follow a structured training program which includes a mixture of training courses (online, face to face, internal and external) and on the job training. The Graduate will work with formulators, engineers, advisors, statisticians and marketing specialists and will gain a good knowledge of lubricants technology, application hardware, customer technical support, product development and project management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and meet BP's Code of Conduct.
• Conduct laboratory work to prepare Industrial or Automotive samples for analysis and performance tests.
• Schedule and manage analytical and performance testing of samples, and matrices of samples. Record, analyse and interpret test data, modify formulations or test plans through discussion with senior team members.
• Run small scale laboratory tests using Standard Operating Procedures to assess performance of products.
• Provide technical support (with guidance) for Automotive and Industrial customers.
• Plan, manage and execute projects with internal and external partners (such as testing facilities, consulting engineers, automotive manufacturers, customers and suppliers) with guidance.
• Communicate with internal and external testing facilities, raw material suppliers, functions in other parts of the business (such as marketing, supply chain and sales) and project stakeholders.
• Prepare and deliver presentations on projects to internal stakeholders.
• Master degree or PhD on Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or related subjects.
• Excellent technical communication and presentation skills.
• Good command of English and Chinese languages.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks independently and manage projects.
• Attention to detail in setting up programs and analysing results.
• Excellent interpersonal communication capability both internally and externally.
• Great team work player.