Responsible for supporting sample analysis and data provision, helping to develop and maintain formulations, support quality assurance activities, participate in process improvement, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment and provide test method training, whilst operating in a safe, tidy and efficient manner.Engineering science underpins all we do. Our fuel and lubricant products, whether BP or Castrol-branded, are market leaders the world over. Customers choose them because of their exceptional performance and renowned quality. But we can't rest on our laurels. Engineering technology in the transportation sector is evolving fast to meet the rapidly changing needs of the world, and therefore the performance levels required of our fuels and lubricants are continuously increasing. This means talented engineers are more important than ever to understand modern vehicle propulsion systems and future technology trends, and to develop the next generation of fuels and lubricants to keep the world moving.Role and Responsibilities
As an Automotive Engineer in BP you'll be engaged in real projects from the moment you start. You could be involved in:
- Developing future lubricants for cars, motorcycles, trucks and even marine and industrial applications
- Running vehicle, engine and rig tests which put our products through their paces
- Modelling, analysis, simulation and CAD to help improve the way we test our products and interpret the results
- Partnering with customers and industry specialists to understand technology trends which will impact our industry
- Collaborating with Marketing to develop and substantiate performance claims for our products
- Master degree or above on Automotive Power Engineering/ Mechanical design and manufacturing /Chemistry Chemical Engineering or related subjects.
- Excellent technical communication and presentation skills.
- Good command of English and Chinese languages.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently and manage projects.
- Attention to detail in setting up programs and analyzing results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication capability both internally and externally.
- Great team work player.
During the program we will support you to gain exposure as part of a series of rotations, working alongside development and deployment teams who will guide you in your career journey.
As well as a wealth of on-the-job learning experience, you'll have access to tailored training programmes to help you learn about BP and to develop your technical skills in relation to our industry, as well as the professional skills that will be vital for a successful career. You will have the opportunity to participate in special projects outside of your day-to-day role which will help you to develop a broad network of contacts and bring yet more variety to your role.
As part of BP, you will also be able to take part in additional activities outside of your role, whether it be supporting local community initiatives, our BP Business Resourcing Groups and you are given the encouragement and time to participate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.