We are looking for a Lead Business Development specialist to cover Malaysia. This position reports to the APAC Sales Leader and will be based in the local Baker Hughes office in Kuala Lumpur.
The primary role will be to take the lead on Chemical Sales activity relating to Chemical Sales Opportunities in 'the designated area of responsibility'. The role may also be required to assist with the roll out and integration of any new initiatives and technologies in 'the designated area of responsibility'Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive Sales activities pro-actively for all existing and potential opportunities in 'the designated area of responsibility'.
- Develop strong relationships with strategic Energy Sector customers, both end-users and targeted channel partners
- Investigate supply chain solutions to the local geography to increase commercial competitiveness and enhance continuity.
- Deliver as a minimum the financial plan as submitted and agreed during the planning cycle and sequentially grow 'the designated area of responsibility'
- Control and have full accountability for the participation and data recorded in the company designated eCRM for Chemicals in 'the designated area of responsibility'
- Ensure that opportunities for the growth and development of the Chemicals business are properly identified and recommendations made to senior management for their exploitation.
- Monitor and track industry news sources to evaluate new opportunities, track existing opportunities and take action accordingly.
- Oversee and carry out studies, evaluations, budget estimates and tendering for target projects and contracts as required to achieve customer deadlines either autonomously or using relevant support personnel , including deciding tender strategies
- Prioritise and guide activities of in house technical support or 3rd party external consultants to deliver value proposals to our client base in support of sales opportunities
- Engage with area business development, technical and general management at the appropriate time, to ensure smooth transition of sales efforts into successful project award .
- Keep updated on new developments and technologies within the industry for evaluation including opportunity for new product / service offering or acquisition.
- Participate in the integration of new technologies within 'the designated area of responsibility'
- Participate in plan process for 'the designated area of responsibility' to ensure Revenue , Margin, Capex and headcount needs are considered in the financial plans.
- Actively ensure that own health & safety and the health & safety of all fellow workers or other workers are preserved at all times.
- Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant company/ customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks as directed by the Asia Pacific Sales Leader.
- Promote Baker Hughes compliance and ethics policies throughout the workplace and business activities
- Carry out ad hoc duties as required.
- BSc in Chemistry or equivalent as minimum qualification
- Minimum 5 years operational & sales experience in Chemicals to the Oil and Gas industry
- Strong existing relationships with Chemicals customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good personal discipline, planning and organisational skills.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Willing to travel within 'the designated area of responsibility' in support of business opportunities.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.