Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The principal responsibilities for the Legal Counsel for Baker Hughes SEA will be to provide contract review and negotiation assistance on international and domestic agreements; provide legal support and advice to the business covering contract execution phase in SEA; and support the Baker Hughes business and other members of the legal and compliance department on a variety of other issues in South East Asia; all in relation to the Baker Hughes Oilfield Services product company.
- Providing assistance in negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions (indemnities, choice of law, dispute resolution, limitation of liability, insurance, etc.) of international and domestic sales agreements with customers for the supply of services and parts, and other services activities, including all of the appropriate contract documentation, ancillary agreements and guarantees.
- Providing assistance to Sourcing team in negotiating, reviewing, amending and drafting terms & conditions of Supplier contracts.
- Providing assistance in due diligence and legal productivity, simplification and standardization.
- Training of the regional business and sales teams on the legal issues.
- Providing advice and counsel on controllership and regulatory issues with regard to daily operations of the applicable business segment in SEA.
- Providing legal support to the contract execution team regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution.
- Keeping abreast of legal developments in the O&G industry in SEA and other relevant sectors.
- Providing assistance on a wide range of regional legal and compliance issues to other members of the legal and compliance team and the business.
- Other businesses as instructed from time to time.
- Legal degree from accredited law school with a demonstrable academic record, admission to the Malaysia bar or other bar license.
- Approximately 3-5 years of legal post-qualification experience, preferably in a law firm and/or in an in-house capacity, that includes, inter alia:
- Experience in drafting international sales agreements;
- Experience in working and negotiating with international customer
- Experience in international dispute resolution preferable, but not required.
- Regional experience in the Oil & Gas and Energy sectors preferable, but not required.
- Good advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, and aptitude for practical negotiation. The capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism.
- A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to persuade and push others to deliver on commitments. As well as being a team player and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable fluency in English, including ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in such language.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
- Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other software such as redlining tools.
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.