Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The position of Surveyor of Marine Construction Survey Services exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by the Party Chief, Survey Ops Manager, Project Surveyor, and / or field client representatives for the survey project's field activities. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Assist fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
- Train and adhere to Oceaneering or client company's specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client, project manager, survey manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Calibrate heading, attitude and bathymetric sensors.
- Connect computer networks and fault find as needed
- Install, test and commission surface and subsurface survey positioning systems and data acquisition sensors
- Perform maintenance of survey systems
- Document maintenance logs, fault reports and test sheets according to procedures
- Prepare comprehensive hand-over notes and end of trip reports
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports.
- Party Chief - Offshore
- Project Manager/Surveyor - when on project
- Survey Manager - direct manager
- Electronics, electrical or Computer based science degree or equivalent relevant offshore experience
- Must have offshore marine construction experience
- Familiar with DGPS (C-Nav systems, Hemisphere systems), survey software (Eiva & 4D Nav), multibeam
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Packages
- Must have good knowledge of IT systems wrt to online navigation spreads.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sufficient offshore experience
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas and Renewable industries technical specifications and standards
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Knowledge and implications of environmental conditions and effects on survey systems and data
- Knowledge of installation and configuration of technical software
- Full understanding of calibration requirements and procedures of the survey systems and sensors
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organise and direct the work of others
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
This position is considered OFFSHORE
which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Requires working in both Equatorial regions and Scandinavian regions
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported