The purpose of the Major Maintenance Planner/Scheduler role is to enable efficient execution of work by developing detailed work plans, schedules, and estimates for the Maintenance pitstops.
These plans will involve the tasks and resources required for the jobs in the pitstops. Additionally, the tasks and jobs will be combined in a logical sequence to formulate an optimized schedule, and an estimated cost will be developed. Main responsibilities include the following:
- Visit job sites to determine accurately the scope of work to be executed.
- Develop detailed pitstop plans incorporating multiple work orders, which cover the full scope of operations, maintenance, and associated safety requirements.
- The Major Maintenance Planner should involve technical disciplines to determine appropriate technical involvement in the planning and execution process.
- Generate Confined Space Assessments, Non-conventional Repair forms, Hoisting Authorizations, and other required paperwork for safe job execution.
- Develop Logistics Plans for the pitstops with the assistance of the site Real Estate team and incorporate logistics costs into the estimate.
- Drive the Pitstop Planning work process with the support of the Planning and Scheduling Lead.
- Ensure plans, estimates, and schedules are completed by the pitstop milestone dates.
- Material availability: Order materials and identify/order services. Work closely with engineering disciplines when ordering engineering items to ensure proper management of change protocol is used and the correct material is specified.
- Review added work requests that have been approved, and incorporate them into the plan, schedule, and estimate.
- Lead tabletop exercises to vet the plans and schedule with Contractors.
- Support the pitstop execution by attending daily update meetings, updating the schedule, planning added work, and ordering materials as required.
- Collect feedback from technicians after completion of jobs and embed learning in library plans and task lists.
- Provide input/estimates for Investment Proposals as requested by the Technical disciplines.
- Lead pitstop Planning meetings when the Planning and Scheduling Lead is unavailable.
- Back up Routine Maintenance Scheduler as required.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or a valid work permit.
- Journeyman or Technologist
- Minimum of 5 years or Maintenance or Turnaround experience in a refinery or chemical plant environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Primavera, SAP/GSAP)
- Possess strong Pipefitter or Boilermaker craft background
- Knowledge of maintenance or turnaround planning, scheduling, and cost estimation
- Adaptability to meet changing conditions with an ability to prioritize tasks based on needs
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a unionized environment would be an asset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.