Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The position will perform assembly operations on sub-assemblies and final assemblies following engineering drawings, parts specifications, assembly procedures and/or verbal instructions. The position will also perform various testing, repair, fabrication and maintenance activities with duties including safety, operation of various power/hand tools, forklifts, cranes, etc. while in compliance with company policy and established safety procedures.
- Utilize fitting, adjustment, securing maneuvers from drawings, engineering standards, shop orders, and or verbal instructions
- Supply technical information and assistance to others as needed. Interact with other departments
- Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of Company equipment and/or systems as may be assigned by management
- Read drawings and engineering specifications to perform assembly tasks on products Operate and maintain Company Equipment (Ex. Test HPUs)
- Operate forklifts, overhead cranes and other material handling equipment as needed May be required to travel to such locations with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary to meet its business needs
- Inspect own work and document assembly operations. Identify defects from returned equipment and generate documentation as required
- Work in partnership with other personnel
- Climb with objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required Work inside and outside, as required
- High school diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical test and assembly and/or heavy equipment repair and maintenance
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Read and correctly interpret prints / engineering drawings and specifications and complete assembly and test tasks as well as safety and quality documentation
- Obtain forklift operator license and certification to operate overhead cranes
- Wear PPE or Personal Protective Equipment Hearing and eye protection (safety equipment) must be used
- Operate pneumatic and hydraulic torque tools
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations and maintain good housekeeping in assigned work areas
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Requires physical effort, good manual dexterity, awkward positions
- Exposure to hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, grinding dust, welding fumes, etc.). Required, on a repetitive basis, to lift, bend, twist, carry)
- Experience working with CWOR and IWOCs equipment Team player, willing to flex into other areas of business as business demands change.
- Ability to work with limited direction per engineering specifications and inspect own work for integrity and quality
- Ability to perform basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Knowledgeable in good housekeeping requirements and all safety regulations Electrician's license preferred