Skills: Materials Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sr. Coordinator of Materials
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Material Coordinator shall be to plan, schedule, and coordinate the material procurement program to meet the area construction schedule. The Sr. Material Coordinator shall maintain control of all construction materials for construction projects. The responsibilities assigned to the Sr. Material Coordinator will include but not be limited to the following:
• Assist with planning, scheduling, reviewing and coordinating material procurement to meet the area construction schedule.
• Maintain administrative control of all construction materials as required for construction projects.
• Assisting in initiating purchase requisitions for critical materials as necessary to meet construction needs and contract obligations.
• Supervises the procurement of materials not ordinarily procured by the Purchasing Department.
• Participates in the training of the Material Clerks.
• Submits project status reports as required.
• Coordinates flow of material in the material delivery program including the issuance of Purchase Orders, inspections at vendor facilities, preservation requirements, transfer of care/custody/control, Shipping Releases required for shipment, coordination with the site Chief Inspector for delivery, receipt and logging of Material Receiving Reports provided by the contractor, resolving Overage, Shortage and Damage Reports issued by the contractor, Non Conformances Reports issued against the vendor, warranty claims issued against the vendor, required spares and a strategy for the use of surplus material.
- Within the flow of material in the material delivery program, recommends, implements and provide corrective actions for areas of concern.
- Providing assistance with securing temporary storage and laydowns areas for client supplied material and equipment
• Maintains contact with Purchasing, Design and Construction personnel as well as outside vendors to discuss matters relating to the procurement of materials.
• Verifies accuracy of material ordered on authorization and purchase orders to the construction drawings. Corrects and procures material missed or ordered incorrectly.
• Maintains contact with Plant Accounting regarding work order differences.
• Works with Material Clerks regarding completion reports and unitizing of various items.
• Ensures that all completion reports are received by Plant Accounting within a reasonable time after completion of a project to verify that all materials are accounted for.
Basic Qualifications: The Sr. Material Coordinator should have substantial prior experience working for the pipeline industry, experience using field purchasing control systems, previous experience generating completion reports, able to perform duties of the Sr. Material Clerk and demonstrated ability to work without close supervision.
Fundamental understanding of:
• Goods Receipts and transfers in procurement systems
• Project lifecycles
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and SharePoint
• Project management concepts
• Quality management systems
• Data analysis
• Basic smart phone operations (email, Internet, and text)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.