Baker Hughes Company is currently hiring a Manufacturing Engineer for our Drill Bit Manufacturing Engineering team located at the world headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Manufacturing Engineering team supports product transition from Product Development to Production. A Manufacturing Engineer on our team will be responsible for transitioning engineering projects into manufacturing processes. Additionally, this engineer will support the machining production areas in equipment procurement, process improvement and development creating new fixturing or tooling as needed. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with supply chain to optimize machining centers efficiency
- Create drawings for mechanical parts, fixtures, and assemblies as needed
- Manufacturing support for new equipment procurement and installation
- Support production areas troubleshooting machining and process problems
- Coordinate with tooling suppliers identifying opportunities for machining improvements
- Create and implement standard work instructions
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering preferred or High School Diploma with 4 years related work experience.
- Engineering experience including, but not limited to, manufacturing engineering.
- Engineering experience
- Experience with AutoCad, Power Point, Excel, Word
- Prior experience with Lean Six Sigma, mechatronics, and manufacturing process ownership
- Strong practical mechanical / electrical aptitude
- Basic electric / pneumatic circuit design skills
- Implement preventative and corrective process safety measures
- Work in a professional manner with cross-functional teams including Manufacturing, Technology, Product Line, HSE, Quality, and external vendors
- Key competencies include, but are not limited to fast execution, strong communication skills, using influence to lead people.
- 10% business travel
- 3+ years engineering experience
- SolidWorks modeling experience , or equivalent software
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The Woodlands, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.