Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Internal Communications Leader will be responsible for demonstrably linking the Digital Solutions business (DS) strategy and focus on project execution and technology to a new enterprise brand, business strategy and values.
In this role, you will own, develop and deliver global employee-centric communications and engagement for DS' 8,200 employees that focuses on driving employee alignment and engagement with our purpose, values and the business strategy through contemporary, dynamic and informative change programs and campaigns.
The Internal Communications Leader will be accountable for developing a global employee engagement communications strategy that shapes a culture of effective communication. You will play a key role in developing and managing the messaging around multiple transformation programmes and work closely with key stakeholders to ensure our strategy and values are embedded throughout DS.
In this role you will develop a communications strategy that underpins Baker Hughes' commitment to delivering projects on time and on budget while developing innovative technology and solutions for our customers, driving employee alignment and engagement with our purpose and the business strategy through contemporary, dynamic and informative communication programs.
This role will also support the EVP of DS who leads the business globally and must have a close working relationship with him for various employee and executive communications projects.
This role reports directly to the VP DS Communications and is part of the broader DS communications team, requiring the candidate to be a resource for corporate brand, culture, our story, and helping translate our positioning for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Owns, develops and drives the essentials of employee communication: Supporting major change, helping people understand and focus on the business priorities of DS.
- Develops and executes strategic 21st century employee communications' plans and strategies that engage employees in the DS business strategy and in a culture that fosters collaboration and customer centricity
- Oversee day-to-day employee communications for DS leadership staff, including management of tactical projects such as newsletters and employee intranet.
- Manage employee-wide communications systems and train teams on the proper usage of our systems, including intranet and Skype broadcast.
- Be a constant storyteller and act as DS' in-house news editor for commercial stories, customer wins, community focus and cultural values.
- Promotes our shared sense of purpose by proactively finding and telling the stories and embedding the purpose in the day-to-day employee experience.
- Support the EVP of DS with all-employee communications, speechwriting and executive presence projects.
- Be a communications strategist and counsellor and help business leaders better engage, motivate and lead; develops toolkits for people leader communications
- Enables and trains leaders and employees to actively communicate internally and externally as ambassadors for the DS and DS brands
- Partners with the wider DS Communication team to align and simplify employee engagement initiatives and messaging
- Establishes engagement activities that provide opportunities for capturing storytelling as well as rallying and exciting employees to foster greater productivity
- Supports the development of user-centric communications and drive the continuous modernization of content distribution through digital, mobile, broadcast, online, print, and in-person channels to encourage meaningful conversations
- Drives qualitative and quantitative campaign reporting metrics, analysis, and insights that can demonstrate progress against desired and stated outcomes
- Be passionate about communications as a driver for employee engagement and productivity
- Proven experience of corporate communications or agency experience in an international environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in communications, marketing, English or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create strategy, develop and implement effective communications' strategies, change programmes and campaigns
- Ability to travel up to 30% and work in a global environment across time-zones
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English; additional language a plus
- Experience with directly supporting senior business executives
- Experience with change management in a global organization
- Experience in the development of employee communication campaigns that involved employee activation
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Sees solutions before problems and develops new ideas without being asked.
- Big picture focus and ability to break problems into digestible pieces
- Self-starter with hands-on, natural leadership and the demeanour, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish credibility with partners and business leaders
- Execution oriented with a collaborative mind-set able to adopt a team of teams approach
- Ability to work with creative agencies (marketing communications, advertising, digital) to drive success
- Customer focused individual, capable of changing perspectives, problem solving, and adapting strategies and actions to the dynamic and changing energy market
- Product / market knowledge and skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more