Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Drafter III for a contract role in Chatham, ON.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
• Carries out natural gas facility drafting assignments of a routine to moderately complex nature with limited latitude in use of independent judgement.
• Prepares 3D piping models, layout, isometric and piping & instrumentation drawings from instructions provided by the Design Engineer.
• Prepares project engineering documentation packages for contractor bids and construction.
• Completes as-built drawings from field red-lines.
• The successful candidate will work on independent assignments among a team of experienced drafters who will provide guidance as required.
• Typically the successful candidate would possess a diploma in Architectural Technology or Engineering Technology.
• Post-secondary education in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology or related field
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience in 3D CAD design of piping systems is required.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including excel is required
• Class G Drivers License is required.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Preferred candidates will have experience using Bentley PlantSpace or OpenPlant.
• Experience working in process or natural gas facility design or construction is considered an asset.
• Electrical drafting experience.
• Overtime required (up to a few hours a week)
• Rare travel
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.