Skills: Contracts Engineer, Purchasing
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Support the development and direction of GCD PSCM strategy and offering.
- Working with the GCD Director in identifying opportunities for enhancing value delivery through early supplier engagement, collaboration and innovative contract approaches.
- Lead a team of geographically dispersed GCD PSCM Specialists tasked with managing all third party spend, and delivering supply chain expertise to the development of new project concepts.
- Support in shaping and deploying the longer term GCD PSCM vision on Collaboration and Strategy, identifying and developing opportunities for growth and diversity within the Supply Chain that creates value and best supports GCD portfolio delivery.
- Support the performance management activities of third parties with stakeholders, and work with the category teams to ensure GCD spend is effectively managed to deliver the greatest value to the business.
- Responsible for engaging with a diverse community of Stakeholders including Appraisal General, Appraisal Managers and Engineers, integrating across the full Supply Chain, from Subsea Systems, Installation, Engineering, Procurement and Fabrication and Construction through to Commissioning, in order to develop robust Project C&P strategies that ensure optimum Concepts are selected. The role will integrate with the EPCi, and Category teams to leverage PSCM support in supplier engagements.
- Working with the Commercial and Business Intelligence Team, you'll review and integrate market conditions, competitor information, price concerns, new regulations, commodity, and international trade requirements. You'll support the sourcing and development of new suppliers globally to maintain competitive advantage as market conditions change and technologies and offerings emerge.
- University degree in Engineering, Procurement, Law or other technical discipline
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Extensive leadership experience in Category Management and Execution / Delivery facing roles.
- Deep strategy development and sourcing experience, and have previously worked across multiple Regions, developing a solid foundation of regional procurement requirements.
- Demonstratable Category Strategy Experience, identifying opportunities and value levers that enable effective execution and delivery.
- Keenly interested in new ways of working with suppliers, value creation opportunities through collaborations and disruptive tech
- Skilled at leading through complexity, executing projects in multi-stakeholder, multi-discipline, multi-cultural environments, with regional and country-specific issues and challenges.
- With a demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity you're always open to change and curious to try new ways of working. Your ability to listen and use your stakeholders feedback, makes it easy to reconcile differences when needed. What's more, you've got a natural ability to develop high-quality trust-based relationships with colleagues and understand the practices of ethical business behaviour.
- Tech savvy, you promote the use of technology that unlock agile solutions for the business. And always show a strong capability to apply business acumen with a proven track record of business delivery and continuous improvement.
- Strong influential leadership and integration skills to work with projects to deliver pragmatic value driven decisions.
- Deep knowledge of current project management, contracting and procurement best practices including new and emerging digital tools and digitally enabled PSCM processes (Compass/Sourcing-to-Contract).
- Proven ability to adopt new ways of working.
- Experience of and ability to design different commercial and contracting models.
- Masters Degree (MBA or equivalent)
- Professional PSCM qualification (MCIPS, CPM, CPSM) or equivalent
Global Concept Development (GCD) evaluates and selects concepts for new Major Projects; Collaborative Contracting and Alliancing are potential models to be developed further, and a desire to leverage Supplier Led Solutions and earlier vendor engagement is underway. This team will be responsible for leading the development of these themes and initiatives, and working with the GCD teams to apply such methodologies to the development of Major Projects concepts.
For PSCM the opportunity is great, and as such a deep understanding of the supply chain and market is required to ensure that the selected concept can be executed competitively and successfully. GCD PSCM will engage across all Major Project Strategy Developments at the very forefront of Concept Development and support activity through to Handover to the PSCM Project Manager and GDT.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement