Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Boart Longyear is hiring a new Percussive Sales Rep for tophammer rock drilling tools in the south-eastern states of the US. Location is flexible but must be within driving distance of key markets in Georgia and the Carolinas. The role is to be responsible for generating sales leads, involving and managing distributors, and meeting monthly/annual goals. Duties include building relationships, making sales presentations, managing product test demonstrations, negotiating supply contracts with new and existing customers, and ensuring that distributors effectively support the business with the right skills and inventory.
To be successful in this role, the Percussive Tooling Rep must have a deep understanding of the sales process as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Previous sales experience in the mining, quarrying, and drill & blast industry is a requirement.
- Generating sales leads
- Engaging distributors to support ongoing sales and deliveries
- Meeting and exceeding monthly and annual sales targets
- Negotiating supply agreements and closing sales with existing and new customers
- Preparing weekly and monthly sales activity reports for the designated sales territory
- Delivering presentations and demonstrate value-add to customers' decision makers
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing and Product Management
- Developing solid relationships with contractors, quarry managers, and distributors
- Seeking and developing opportunities to run product trials, converting them into sales
- Effectively dealing with product related issues or services with the customer
- Successfully maintaining existing customer base while actively growing new customers
- Traveling to all parts of the sales territory on a regularly scheduled basis
- Maintaining records regarding sales activity, testing programs, product issues and solutions
- Complete the full sales cycle from developing the customer base and negotiating contracts to deliveries, resolving issues and dealing with Accounts Receivables
- 3+ year's sales experience in the mining, quarrying, or the drill & blast industry
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, e.g. mining, geology, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent practical experience and demonstrated knowledge
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as Salesforce and Oracle
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must be available to travel at least 50% of the time.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired, you can expect:
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Room for advancement
- Fun and relaxed work environment
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.