BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
You are responsible for gathering, defining and managing business requirements from stakeholders, using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies. You then make sure that the IT&S products and solutions that are delivered meet business needs as well as business users' expectations.
You enable the definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability and the quantification of potential business benefits.
You are behind the collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital systems.
You strengthen and enrich your business domain, methods & tools, using your business modelling knowledge in your role.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
Key Accountabilities Team
- You will work within agile delivery squads focused on automation, portal and mobile.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
- If you have experience in aviation systems and can adapt and deliver solutions meeting the demand in the marketplace, come join our team.
: Be a high-performing technical individual who will develop the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. Demonstrated leadership through delegation, motivation and trust are expected of every leader at BP. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. You will ensure personal and team compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate your leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.Relationships
: You will act as the main interface for all facets of Business Analysis within your area of accountability. You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships, delivering expertise knowledge to support project delivery. The role requires thought leadership, ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. You manage dependencies, risks and issues across teams using scrum of scrum techniques for effective mitigation. Business Analysis:
You will help create the product, solution roadmap and vision requirements via expertise and Agile business analysis principles. You will facilitate the creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming. You will help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensure objectives are met. You will make sure that what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria. You facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team using scrum of scrum techniques for mitigation. Organising sprint reviews to provide visibility and collect feedback will also be one of your priorities.Technology
: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for the Business Analysis chapter and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.Essential Education
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- You are educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- You are an Agile business analysis/Agile analysis Practitioner.
- You are a Practitioner of design thinking.
- You have business analysis experience, preferably in an Agile environment.
- You have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to present and articulate at all levels of the organization - and a track record to prove it.
- You work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- You can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- You can deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level.
- You can bring strong evidence of working as a team player and you're comfortable working in a virtual global team environment.
- You have the self-motivation to work with limited supervision.
- You create documentation to efficiently communicate requirements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You initiate, plan and develop Business Analysis activities in support of strategic initiatives.
- Ideally, you have experience with TFS or similar tools such as Jira.
• Business Analysis
• Methods & Tools
• Relationship Management
• Requirements Definition and Management Desirable:
• Business Modelling
• Business Process Improvement
• Technical Specialism
• User Design Analysis
• Project Management
• Systems Design
• Data Management and Data Science
• Digital innovationLeadership and EQ:
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
- You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
- You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Certification (PSC) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).