Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for test creation testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Will serve as an "expert at large" to guide & review unit tests, test automation designs, test management and code artefacts to promote adoption of best practices & consistency across teams.
• Leads quality-engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
• Owns large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts.
• Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Appropriately reuses existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviours across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
• Develops and enhances the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams.
• Determines testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
• Expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from. Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience
• Extensive hands on experience in active development, test automation related practices
• Min. 2 year of active participation in agile projects in development/automated testing roles
• Expert level understanding of development design practices
• Expert level understanding of one or more development quality tools such as JUnit, NUnit, CppUnit , Klocwork
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, testers, managers
• Ability to work well with culturally diverse global teams
• Ability to multitask between multiple product development teams
• Expert understanding of all aspects of agile development
• Keen desire to be at the leading edge of technology and process practices
• Passion to share expertise and coach teams and individuals to be world class
• Able to apply principles of logical or scientific reasoning to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
• Ability to work under minimal supervision