Other Skills: Lead geophysicist, explorationist, Seismic interpretor, prospect generator, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Geophysicist/Explorationist - International Oil Company
Our client is a highly regarded mid-sized international operating oil company. We have been appointed to recruit a technically outstanding Geophysicist with 10 - 15 years broad experience. You will lead projects in an on-shore nearfield and regional setting. We seek a pragmatic and capable prospect generator who will flourish in a small team environment with autonomy to drive projects. Ultimately you will have an exceptional track record in developing leads integrating Geology with Geophysics and liaising with Drilling, Reservoir Engineering and advising on exploration strategy.
- 2D and 3D seismic interpretation with a strong understanding of compressional and extensional regimes
- Ability to generate and interpret seismic attributes with experience, in depth modelling and 3D reservoir characterisation, seismic stratigraphy and integrated well-log correlation.
- Contribute to structural model development and provide input as appropriate - liaising with Reservoir Engineers, and Geologists
- Help coordinate and prepare data for internal recommendations and reviews
- Mentor and coach more junior personnel within the team and with regard to Geophysical modelling tools and workflows
- Basin studies and Petroleum systems analysis and CRS mapping.
- Able Produce significant volumes of interpretations within tight time frames including material for data rooms.
- Well planning, including drilling proposal location selection, well path planning and well evaluation documentation.
- Presentation at TCM, OCM and MCM meetings as required and instructed
- A high degree of self-motivation and professionalism
- Desire to work as a team player in a small friendly international team manifested by maturity and professionalism.
- Personal and professional ethics above reproach.
- At least ten years' experience in geophysical interpretation and mapping, preferably gained within an operating oil company environment.
- Strong current geophysical workstation skills, including working in a 3D visualisation environment; volume based interpretation very competent with one more industry standard Seismic interpretation tool interpretation tool (e.g., Kingdom, Landmark, IESX/Charisma)
- Qualitative and quantitative AVO analysis, ideally using Hampson Russel software or similar tool.
- PC applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrate a track record of successful interpretations that have led to discoveries.
- Previous experience working early stage discoveries and new ventures would be an advantage
- Sequence stratigraphy and well log integration into mapping
- Fault seal analysis and fundamentals
- Risk & Reserves Probabilistic assessment techniques familiarity
- GIS applications familiarity
- Expertise in GIS and database management would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a Team player with an open and flexible approach.
- Commercially aware with entrepreneurial attitude.
- Understanding of project execution and cost implications.
- Candidate will be fluent in English and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- EU work permit or the right to work preferred.