Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to the Regional Director - North America for Upstream Minerals, the Regional Manager- US position is based in Reno/Sparks, NV.
The Regional Manager role has P&L responsibility - with oversight of all commercial aspects of US laboratory operations including lab processing activities, HR, and general business management for 4 US-based labs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive profit & loss accountability for operational activities within the US
• Oversee Lab Managers at 2 sites in Nevada (Sparks & Elko) and 2 in Alaska (Fairbanks & Juneau)
• Oversee a total of 5 direct reports responsible for 60 (low season) to 90 (high season) employees in total at all US labs
• Optimize analytical turnaround to satisfy growth targets
• Meet cost control targets
• Manage and develop lab personnel to ensure technical competence and effective communication
• Examine opportunities for work process optimization, including trials of new materials, work methodologies, work station set-up
• Support and participate in lean manufacturing programs and implementation strategies.
• Oversee technical operations to ensure quality objectives and reporting standards are maintained
• Initiate equipment evaluation process to maintain technical competitiveness within the marketplace
• Ensure facilities and equipment are suitable to fuel growth objectives
• Contribute to sales and marketing strategy in collaboration with the Business Development team
• Build and manage relations with BV's largest US accounts
• Ensure compliance to Group guidelines, including Ethics, Safety, Technical, Quality and Risk Management
• Comply with ISO objectives within the framework of the QMS system.
• Review results of internal and external audits and ensure improvements to the system are implemented as applicable and
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Geochemistry, Geology or relevant industry experience
• 2 to 4 years' experience in a management role
• Minimum 3 years' experience in an analytical lab environment
• Financial or budget knowledge
• Direct client-facing experience is an asset
• Experience purchasing lab equipment or supplies is an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Leadership abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills (able to deal with both internal personnel and customer relations tactfully and efficiently)
• Willingness to travel up to 20% to visit labs in Nevada and Alaska or to attend industry trade shows and conferences as required.
• Creative thinker who demonstrates flair for new ideas and processes
• Capable of adapting to and/or supporting innovation
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.