As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Process and Pipeline Services, In-line Inspection group is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state-of-the-art technologies in the energy industry.
This hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.Essential Responsibilities:
- Conceptual design development utilizing advanced analytical tools including CAD and finite element analysis.
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets.
- Mechanical Design Standards and Guidelines Adherence to BHI design standards; BHI engineering change management, document control, and product development processes; regulatory and industry standards.
- Develop test plans and supervise execution of engineering tests at a prototype system level or prototype component level. Write reports to summarize testing and communicate lessons learned.
- Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews to complete milestones in the technology development process.
- Design for reliability, manufacturability, maintainability and survivability in the operating environmental conditions including shock, vibration, and high pressure
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in Germany
- Advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting), and the utilization of Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and be flexible to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- Practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Machine design experience with complex equipment
- Experience and/or knowledge of the in-line inspection industry.
- Experience with CREO, Solidworks, Inventor, Windchill and Oracle
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more