"Data is the New Oil & Gas" and a major asset to Shell. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about project data and understand its value to an organization like Shell. This position offers a unique opportunity to get a broad and detailed view on Shell's worldwide project portfolio, to influence and support a culture shift towards competitive target setting and project delivery, and to build a strong network across the P&T community. Data Management is the backbone to Project Estimations & Internal Benchmarking to support Portfolio management i.e. evaluation and selection of the right projects, establish a reflection mechanism to ensure proper valuation of the projects and as such support decision making processes. In addition Benchmarking will provide insights in the performance of Shell and how this compares with the industry. The purpose of this position is to support the organization and project teams through the understanding & capturing of project data, development of ready-to-use metrics and contextual information as well as assisting with maintenance and development of Data Management & Benchmarking tools. As a Data Management Engineer, you will:
- Support development of internal benchmarking tools, as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work effectively as part of a global community
- Support and deliver special studies/ad-hoc requests on benchmarking and metrics from projects
- Participate in networks and actively contribute to data and benchmarking related topics
- Collate, assure quality, normalize and analyze project estimated and actual project data, including cost and schedule data, subsurface, wells, performance of plants and operational cost data
- Facilitate project close outs and champion quality, granular data capture.
- Assist Capital Upstream and Downstream Projects in completing internal and external benchmarking workbooks, as needed basis
- Liaise with project teams to interpret available benchmarks and influence target setting and ultimately outcomes
- Constructively challenge projects teams and external companies in their preparation of more insightful benchmarking deliverables.
- Collaborate / Coordinate with regional Benchmarking Delivery Leads and PSMs on Projects
- Support Data Centric ways of working and collaborate with other data groups e.g. Digitalization, GPS, Data Standards, etc.
- Challenge the team to continuously improve on their data management and analysis skills
- Manage the communication of and around project data, benchmarking tools and knowledge through Sharepoint, SIGN, Yammer, etc.
Individual contributor. This role gives you global exposure to multiple lines of business through a data-focused lens. It allows you to develop insights based on project data to support critical decisions including target setting and gate approvals. This role is complex both in terms of scope and stakeholders and requires an ambitious professional. It will test your ability to influence stakeholders, integrate information, formulate insights, and build a strong network in the projects community to speed up Shell's digital journey.Company Description
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- Self-driven, proactive individuals with a passion for continuous improvement
- Engineering degree preferred, with indicatively 5+ years of experience preferably in capital projects (specifically one of the PS disciplines) or another data-rich environment
- Strong business mindset, and the ability to work with minimum supervision on a global platform
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Focus on data quality
- Ability to work across multi-cultural / multinational environments
- Prior experience in benchmarking will be an advantage
- Candidate shall be willing to be mobile for business travels, short term assignments as per Company's business needs
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.