Job Description The Role:
What we need:
- A Technical support to operations department for safe and efficient operation.
- Sign plant change, review the plant change and lead HAZOPs if required. Conduct Pre start-up safety review and ensure P&I D and documentation are changed as per the plant change.
- Ensure quality delivery of projects & lead project implementation in few cases.
- Coordinates with SGSI & other technical consultants to finalise scope of work & ensure delivery.
- Give technical training to operations personnel & does technical assessment of shift supdt. as a part of validation.
- Lead in finalizing operating limits and periodic review of the same based on events and operation experience.
- Daily monitoring of plant operations with respect to operating limits and alarms. Also identify possible causes for deviations and advise operation appropriately
- Incumbent will identify opportunity or will work on identified opportunities by others which may enhance profitability and safety in operation and advise Hazira management on implementation, raise plant change or study plant change raised. In case the opportunity implementation is in the form of a project he shall define the scope of project and handover to projects team for implementation.
- Incumbent will also finalize process specification for all the equipments being procured and modified
- Incumbent will lead HAZOP for a proposed changes and projects
- Shall ensure quality of delivery of project before handing over to operations, which will include study of documents, identifying shortfall and improvements & complete documentation, required for operation.
- If required he shall also take lead in implementation of projects.
- Incumbent will own the P&I Ds and will be responsible for updating and changes in the P&I Ds.
- Shall lead the pre-start up safety review of all plant changes
- Shall prepare detailed scope of work for technical support agreements with SGSI or any other technical consultant. He shall also advise terminal management on technical qualification of technical support consultant.
- Incumbent will co-ordinate with SGSI or any other technical consultant appointed by HLPL for working on solutions terminal related technical problems
- Incumbent will be required to advise and finalize operating and commissioning procedures for the terminal.
- Participate in the virtual knowledge sharing network and take a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and engagement with colleagues in the terminal and technologists in other operating units
- Will Participate in technical meets within group companies and prepare and present papers on work done by the terminal or forward thoughts of terminal.
- Incumbent shall deliver training to new joiners in the operations team on technical subjects that are not covered by operations personnel
- Incumbent shall participate in root cause analysis in case of a process incidents which may include operational, electrical, instrumentation or equipment related problem or problems related to communication and behaviour.
- Incumbent is expected to work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams and over time to become an engineering and integrated team leader. The coaching and mentoring of junior staff will be a significant part of the job. He shall also do a technical validation of Shift Superintendent before charge is given to him.
- Incumbent will own terminal energy balance model. He will monitor, track the unaccounted energy losses and notify management accordingly.
- Incumbent will monitor the efficiencies of various equipments and take initiative for further improvement.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements What we look for:
In return we'll give you:
- Minimum requirement will be a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering.
- Should have at least 3 years experience as a technical support engineer in any oil, gas or petrochemical operating unit.
- Hands on experience in a hydrocarbon facility for 1-2 years will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience & knowledge in conceptual design major & minor modifications of operating facilities is essential.
- Must possess knowledge to study designs in discussion with cross functional subjects like electrical, instrumentation & Asset Integrity.
- Exposure to aspects of typical process engineering unit operations, including pipeline hydraulics and flow assurance, process control is desirable.
- Experience on process design software like HYSIS, PROCIM etc will be desirable though not a must. Person having hands on experience in oil-gas or petrochemicals operation/ commissioning before working as a technical support engineer will be preferred. The person should have good knowledge of English and excellent communication skills.
• A great environment to grow, with the flexibility to do what you do best
• World class career development opportunities
• Competitive salary and bonus plans
• A vibrant & positive work culture centered around Care for people & SafetyDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.