At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
- Responsible for preparing the assembly, sub assembly, manufacturing (fabrication / machining) drawings of mechanical / structural components.
- In addition to this, candidate will be responsible for any customer related documentations / specifications during OTR execution.
- The candidate is also expected to work with our global engineering team located in different countries to perform SAP and ECM related activities including part, material and BOM creations.
- Also expected to work closely with Contract workers to take care of training them on process and design practices.
- Create 3D & 2D contractual drawings, detailed manufacturing drawings, top level assembly and installation drawings & Similar Engineering/Product documentations.
- Own the preparation of drawings, technical documents and manufacturing record dossier for specific orders in line with the established ISO compliant documentation system during OTR execution.
- Revise and update existing drawings per design changes as part of Engg Change Management process.
- Creation of multi-level BOM by working closely with the global Engg, procurement and manufacturing teams.
- Understand various industry standards relevant to design of various sensor and measuring instruments as per ASME/API/ANSI/Ex standards.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) & sustenance projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree / Diploma from accredited college / university in Mechanical Engg or similar.
- 4+ years of experience with bachelor's degree / 8+ years of experience with Diploma
- Experience in 3D modeling and 2D drafting using SolidWorks 2016 or above.
- Experience in using ECTR, SAP and BOM creation.
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications and GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Writing, Reading and Verbal English fluency required.
- Ability to read and write technical specifications.
- Ability to translate and interpret BOM into orders and parts.
- Willingness to travel if needed.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with SAP Data Management software system.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Management (ECM) process.
- Experience in using Six Sigma tools for continuous improvement.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Be able to work within a team environment.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more