Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Lead and participate in the design and development of sophisticated web applications, back-end APIs , and data persistence layers. T his position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX, Norway, Aberdeen, or may work remote. Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience developing high volume/transaction J2EE applications: OOAD, Java, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, REST, SoapUI, Junit/Testing
- Lead, develop, and maintain cutting edge web applications.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, data ingestion engine , and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other team members to derive appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities.
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of Java developme nt experience
- Minimum 5 years of Spring experience
- Minimum 5 years of Hibernate experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with Apache Camel
- Minimum 3 years experience with Maven
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Web services: REST/SOAP
- Minimum 5 years of web development experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Oracle
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience with IDEs like Eclipse or IntelliJ Idea
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong analytical skills - be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Strong familiarity of design patterns
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Strong Angular expertise
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Postgres/PostGIS
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Apache CXF
- Experience with EasyMock, SureFire
- Experience in applying best practices for logging and unit testing
- Experience with Surefire, Hamcrest
- Experience with Apache Velocity
- Experience with Flyway
- Experience with Jetty
- Passionate about UI/UX
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes, build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.