Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities
Senior projects role responsible for leading and delivering projects activities for subsea umbilical products working closely alongside Projects, Engineering, Proposals, Manufacturing and other internal teams to ensure subsea umbilical designs are safe, reliable, and compliant with customer specifications and expectations. Also required to effectively engage with external parties plus be part of a broader global business. Specific requirement to manages the overall project responsibilities of a Client project, as assigned, by the Group Project Manager and be the SDS-R representative interface with the client for all project matters. This includes effectively representing the client needs in relation to the project and stakeholders. Functions
- *Fully proficient individual contributor.
- *Makes decisions on complex and difficult situations independently.
- *Broad knowledge of own professional discipline, and general knowledge of Related disciplines.
- *Builds relationships within and across teams, and delivers key technical content to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret customer's requirements, identify potential problems and provide suggestions for improvements or to alleviate any potential issues.
- Works with the sales department to produce quotation schedules and costs for inquiries.
- Proven ability to interpret contracts and understand terms & conditions of purchase orders.
- Manages the translation of bid data and co-ordinate into project budgets and schedules for all departments including engineering, manufacturing, testing and load out.
- Manages all schedules for every department with the planning team.
- Ensures that all project details have been scheduled.
- Interface with all other departments to ensure project requirements and constraints are understood.
- Manage all projects in accordance with the Project Delivery System (PDS) to insure the project is engineered, manufactured and delivered within scope, within quality, on time and within budget.
- Analyzes problems and recommends solutions to maximize individual and collective project performance.
- Conducts weekly project plan status review meetings.
- Analyzes all weekly job cost reports in preparation for monthly project performance review meeting with Management.
- Ensures communication with customers is timely and accurate. Negotiates change orders with customers properly.
- Ensures that project team is involved and knowledgeable about project issues and status throughout the project life cycle.
- Identifies and escalates to Management areas beyond own skills, capabilities or responsibilities.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should consistently demonstrate the appropriate competencies including: Analytical
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Project Management
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal Skills
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Teamwork
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Visionary Leadership
- Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfil the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Change Management
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results. Delegation
- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results. Leadership
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Managing People
- Includes project team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services. Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Cost Consciousness
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce. Ethics
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity. Strategic Thinking
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Judgement
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Motivation
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Planning/Organizing
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans. Professionalism
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Adaptability
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Dependability
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Innovation
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Safety
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities but there is an expectation in respect of being able to coach/mentor others and represent the Group Project Manager or department as required.
- This position reports to the Group Project Manager at SDS-Rosyth.
Education and/or Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics Language Skills
- Degree or equivalent. Engineering, Business or Project Management is preferred. Three to ten years project management, manufacturing or operations management experience preferred or combination of education and experience in this or a related field.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Primavera P6, MRP systems and database knowledge.