Job Function : Communications
Job Family : Functional Management
Job Type : Executive - Brand and Strategic Communications Leader
Role Summary :
The Vice President of Brand and Strategic Communications will serve as a strategic leader on the enterprise communications team and lead the development and delivery of a compelling company narrative focused on transformation and winning within the context of the new Baker Hughes brand and positioning. With a strong focus on brand and strategic positioning, the leader will build and execute the company's brand transformation and help define the energy technology story. The leader will develop the story and build, manage and analyse the various external distribution channels, including overseeing the company's website and social media channels. This leader will challenge the conventional communications framework and smartly develop the corporate messaging and positioning. In addition, this leader will be the guardian of the brand, ensuring compliance and consistency across all the regions and product companies. This leader will work closely with the Chief Marketing and Technology Officer to outline the company's technology strategy in support of the brand. This includes bringing the company's strategy to life with innovative content and through building communities of engagement and interests. Finally, this leader will oversee the advertising and new energy positioning.
The VP of Brand and Strategic Communications will be a part of the Baker Hughes Communications leadership team, reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and the BH Chief Communications Officer. S/he will manage a team of eleven and help define the strategic communications vision and develop the strategic communications plan to execute on this vision. This leader will also closely partner with the Marketing, Technology, Commercial and Product Company teams. This leader will be expected to offer innovative ideas and detailed action plans to build in support of the new Baker Hughes brand positioning as an "energy technology company."
- Develop clear strategic brand positioning and communications framework for the company and align with messaging from across the BH enterprise.
- Develop, deliver and demonstrate value for brand advertising and for related partnerships and manage banding and communications relationships with JV partners (C3.ai, Microsoft etc.).
- Own design, development and demonstrated value of company's website (bakerhughes.com). Also, work closely with information technology groups to create the right tech stack to support brand and user experiences.
- Oversee social media channels by creating smart content and a measurable strategy for company's owned on-line channels.
- Lead the company's rebranding effort, ensuring the Baker Hughes brand is rolled out across regions, product companies and corporate in a well-coordinated, cost effective, and powerful way.
- Develop content, campaigns and social communities that drive customer and stakeholder engagement and build commercial potential and brand and reputational value.
- Create and support the "energy technology" story, aligning the Marketing and Technology teams and the technology community within the Product Companies.
- Establish metrics to measure and report on value being delivered by the position and brand and content.
- Attract, manage and build talent in support of a high performing and in-demand team.
- Effectively mentor, develop and inspire members of the division with diverse levels of experience and expertise.
- Build on established CSR communications platform, and help frame BH as a leader in energy transition.
- Serve as an influencer and partner to the business and its top leadership, establishing a trusted adviser role with top corporate leaders.
- Serve as subject matter expert on branding and advertising.
- Serve on extended BH Communications leadership team and support enterprise-wide positioning and messaging where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in communications, journalism, public relations.
- At least 15+ additional years of experience in a broad-based communications role, focusing on strategic branding and positioning communications.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Energy industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization.
- Ability to develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy and plans.
- Ability to handle crises and effectively manage multiple, simultaneous priorities, with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to absorb, digest and distil highly technical subject matter into clear and concise content.
- Ability to develop and effectively manage strong working relationships with senior executives.
- Prior experience managing graphic design and other external vendors.
- Creative instincts and command of design.
- Collaborative team player able to work cross-functionally and in teams.
- Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization· with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Fresh and contemporary perspective, high energy, an influencer, a 'disruptor', someone comfortable challenging the norms.