Job Description Deepwater Technology Project Engineer
is accountable for delivering offshore robotics inspection maintenance and repair projects in support of Shell's Deepwater assets
. Additionally, this position performs a wide range of engineering tasks including technology development, qualification, field trials and deployment/replication to the deepwater assets.
The role is expected to maximize the use of robotic and remotely operated tools such as ROV's mini-ROV's AUV's Drones, robotic crawlers, articulated robotic arms, for inspection maintenance and repair for Topsides, Hulls, and Subsea.
Key aspects of this position include leveraging/selecting the right robotic tools, choosing the right contracts and contractors, selecting the right method of management, and delivering the value with tight control and supervision of those contracts and contractors.
AccountabilitiesRobotic Technology Development, Qualification and Asset Deployment
- Identify asset inspection maintenance and repair requirements
- Develop the scope of the project through collaboration with the various project stakeholders.
- Market scan for robotic technologies to map to asset inspection maintenance and repair requirements
- Selection of right contractors and service providers to co-develop robotic tools to match asset needs.
- Identify and apply for all the relevant regulatory permits, coordinate HAZID's and offshore logistics.
- Manage 3rd party vendors and service providers to deliver the project on budget and schedule.
- Coordinate onshore trials and qualification testing and upon successful testing assist for offshore readiness.
Deployment, Handover and Replication
- Manage the execution of projects without any HSSE incidents.
- Manage the execution of projects within budget and schedule.
- Manage contract engineering resources to carry out and deliver the design engineering packages, tender documents, technical specifications, and all other deliverables.
- Develop, implement, and execute the strategy for the commercial aspects of the project, including vendor identification and qualification, tender preparation, invitation to bid, technical and commercial evaluation and award.
- Manage the overall process for the appointment of contractors.
- Prepare all relevant project execution procedures, specifications, and documentation that will be required to manage the project and report progress.
- Manage HSSE at the site and ensure all the HSSE targets are delivered. Carry out frequent reviews of the site HSSE and continuously seek to improve the conditions.
- Embed a strong safety culture in the project team, contractors and workers on site
- Prepare and implement appropriate spending procedures and frequently report the status of the spending to stakeholders, particularly actual vs.plan, commitments vs. plan, and latest estimate.
- Prepare and implement progress reports to track the progress of the overall project against the plan.
- Frequent engagement with all Shell global deepwater assets and stakeholder management.
- Prepare applicable deployment procedures and checklists to ensure all aspects of the project are completed and offshore readiness is achived.
- Liaise with operations to ensure all necessary operational deployment procedures and requirements are in place.
- Prepare and execute a handover to operations, including procedures, relevant training, documents and manuals.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possibleRequirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering discipline is required. Advanced degree is robotics is preferred.
- With at least five (5) years experience in technical support to deepwater operations, deepwater project engineering, or deepwater project management.
- Prior experience in ROV, MiniROV, Drone's, Crawlers and remote inspection tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of material inspection methods/techniques is desired.
- Skilled at managing contractors and consultants.
- Experience in delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated HSSE leadership.
- Good knowledge of the interdisciplinary engineering fundamentals as applied to offshore facilities.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and draw upon region and global experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated behaviors in balancing operational needs with project demands.
- Demonstrated behavior in embracing personal accountability and working in a self-directed fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Prior experience in both offshore operations and engineering is preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.