Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Brussels, Belgium
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
PROJECT ENGINEER - Brussels
Our client a leading Global Operator are looking for candidates who have managed Refinery projects - involved with the construction, modification, and maintenance packages for pilot plants.
Job Role Summary:
The Project Manager manages internal client projects. Project management responsibilities include assistance in the definition of scope, budgeting, coordination and completion of projects on time, in line with safety expectations, and within budget and scope. Oversee all aspects of projects, including safety.
You will set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Manage, and produce deliverables required by EMCAPS, and prepare reports regarding status of project.
You will coordinate with other departments/stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will promote communication within the parties to assure resolution of potential conflicts.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with internal clients as well as other staff members and stakeholders, as needed
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors, including technical and operational interactions with E&PS for the flawless execution of projects
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Manage the communications and relationships between the internal clients, vendors and all other stakeholders
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage projects through EMCAPS and produce EMCAPS deliverables as needed according to size and scope of project
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation following EMCAPS requirements for deliverables in accordance to size and scope of project
• Manage LPS (Loss Prevention System) within projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered incident free, on-time, within scope and within budget
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs following XOM defined processes.
• Ensure proper resource availability and allocation
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Lead/assist HAZAMS, and HAZOPs as needed
• Track project performance for successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of stud
• Theoretical and practical project management knowledge, plus 5 years of proven working experience in project management
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluent in Dutch, English and French
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in project management software tools
• Knowledge of techniques and tools and familiar with a variety of the technical in the field concepts, practices and procedures
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
• Contract negotiation skills
• Conflict resolution experience
• Able to tolerate stress
• Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management is desirable
• Supervision and coaching skills
• Planning skills
Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
Knowledge of French is beneficial.
If you have any question in relation to the role and would like to apply - please send your CV to NES GT
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.