Baker Hughes Turbomachinery Process Solutions (TPS) EPC typical applications consist of Gas Compression and Liquefaction plants, single lift modules for Turbogenerator or Turbo/Moto Compressor packages, Combined Cycle and ORegen® Power Generation plants.
The Electrical Design Engineer, starting from the Customer technical specification, shall develop the project basic, requisition and detail design for the BOP Electrical System.
Typical deliverables are (list is not exhaustive): electrical grid studies, single line diagram, load list, electrical design criteria and functional data sheet for equipment as H.V. substation, E-House, MV & LV switchgear, Power Transformers, Emergency Diesel Generator, AC/DC UPS, Batteries, MV & LV Cables, etc.
In addition, he/she will carryout equipment/systems Technical Alignment and relevant vendor design follow-up and develop the necessary drawings and MTOs for installation Essential Responsibilities:
The Lead Electrical Engineer for ENG-EPC will be responsible for:
- Development of the electrical design activities on the project directly or coordinating external resources.
- Carrying-out the assigned projects activities by using sound engineering principles and adhering to business policies, standard practices, procedures and product/program requirements.
- Keeping assigned man-hours budget, equipment cost budgets and deliverables schedule by managing engineering external agencies and equipment / bulk materials proper selection and specification.
- Collaborate with project team using technical and personal leadership skills
- Attending technical and business reviews as presenter or reviewer.
- Providing timely communications on significant issues or possible improvements.
- Participating to organization initiatives and company programs
- Interfacing with Discipline Eng. Leaders, Project Engineer, Project & Site Manager, and Customer Representative.
- Supporting Application Engineer during bid phase conceptual design.
- Supporting site erection activities and plant commissioning and start up whenever required.
- BS degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Major experience in an engineering position
- Experience on design of BOP Electrical Systems
- Familiarity with Oil&Gas products and market.
- Knowledge and practice with International Codes like: IEC, NEMA, NEC.
- Fluency in Italian and English language.
- EU Work Permit.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Analytic and problem solving skills.
- Capable to work with a minimum coordination in a multi discipline environment.
- Office and engineering software tools knowledge.
- Experience with Electrical System Engineering Tools
- Expertise in ETAP or similar programs (for GRID stability and transient studies)
- CAD basic knowledge
- 3D modelling basic concepts
- GB qualification. (BH employees only)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more