We have a vacancy for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to work across the Topside and Digital, and Subsea Power and Comms departments. The two engineering departments each contain a contingent of software engineers who work across a varied range of technologies and software disciplines covering our current and legacy portfolio of subsea products.
The majority of the engineers in the team work across the full software development lifecycle and regularly get to work directly with the hardware we produce in both laboratory and production environments.
For the right candidate there will be opportunities to work on current projects, new product introduction, services, testing and maintenance, and much more.
Baker Hughes also offers multiple career paths and has opportunities for those who wish to move into management roles, progress up the technical ladder or explore other disciplines in the UK and across the world.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a software quality management system (QMS), in particular, TickITplus.
- Work on cyber security quality assurance.
- Act as the owner of our local software QMS with responsibility for maintaining all the documents and processes contained within it.
- Responsible for maintaining our TickITplus certification, including supporting the internal and external audits required to do this.
- Play an integral part of the software review and release process to ensure that our QMS is followed.
- Act as the subject matter expert for software quality process adherence within the Topside and Subsea software teams.
- Represent the Quality function within our software design reviews.
- Regularly keep management and project teams updated on progress and informed of emerging risks to schedule, cost, resource availability and scope.
- To perform, on occasions, ad hoc unit and system testing, as necessary.
- As required, conduct continuous improvement (CI) activities to enhance our product quality.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar OR Equivalent relevant work experience.
- Have experience of developing and maintaining a software quality management system (QMS), in particular, TickITplus.
- Have experience of working on cyber security quality assurance.
- A recognised software testing or other quality qualification, such as ISTQB Certified Tester or BSI Diploma in Quality Management.
- Experience of working, at a user level, with SCADA systems such as Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware System Platform and GE Proficy CIMPLICITY
- Experience of testing systems that use Siemens and Rockwell PLCs
- Someone who can work well with people from all sorts of backgrounds and across engineering disciplines.
- Someone with the strength of character to ensure adherence to the QMS.
- The ability to communicate ideas and opinions, both verbally and in written form, to a high standard in a clear and accessible manner.
- A problem solver who thrives on a challenge.
- Happy to work independently with the organisational skills to handle working on several tasks concurrently.
- Comfortable working in an environment where customer expectations on quality are high, and where delivery schedules and deadlines matter!
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more