At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Principal Planning Engineer is responsible for the oversight of the development of a comprehensive consortium integrated planning & scheduling capability from the tendering stage, transitioning through project execution, incorporating lessons learned and continuous improvement to support safe delivery on budget - both time and cost.
The incumbent will proactively support the early phases of a tender/project ensuring that key planning deliverables are developed in a timely manner and in accordance with the recommended practices.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive support to tender/project teams with a focus on integration and interfaces alignment.
- Participate in joint reviews of agreed planning deliverables
- Drive de-risking interfaces by proactively ensuring clarity on interface responsibilities and timing commitments
- Develop and execute a consortium compliance assurance system proactively informing the Strategic Partnership Leadership team of both tender and project execution status as reviewed with the tender/project team.
- Deputies for the Project Control Leader as required
- Provide hands on support to a tender or project team, when requested
- Ensure that the strategic partner planning and reporting systems are compatible and efficiently intergraded.
- Proactively capture and make available all consortium tender and execution planning deliverables
- Effectively roll out and embed the respective consortium project control requirements and support the implementation.
- Together with the strategic partner conduct compliance reviews and provide guidance, instruction, direction and support to achieve project deliverables and ensure cohesive teamwork.
- Build solid working relationships and closely collaborate with the functions to ensure buy in on new or changes to consortium project controls processes.
- Foster an HSE culture of participation and lead by example in demonstrating HSE behaviours that reflect Strategic Partnership expectations; ensure HSE behaviour is integrated in all Project Management Office activities; and information is captured, acted on and communicated.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred).
- Strong management or supervisory experience in project planning discipline on major projects or corporate function in Oil & Gas or related process industries.
- Have a sound understanding of the SPS and SURF business and project activities to support an effective planning capability with ability to direct / coach others in this matter.
- An understanding of Subsea product knowledge or similar products.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including demonstrated experience in a global O&G environment.
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Planning (Primavera P6), MRP, Product Life Management (PLM) and Schedule Risk Analysis (Primavera preferred)
- Strong tactical thinker with expertise in planning systems and enhancements
- Ability to take an overview and see the 'big picture'
- Highly analytical and will quickly identify schedule risks and define solutions to overcome the roadblocks.
- Actively seeks to be aware of and understand developments of project control systems and practices to support continuous improvement.
- Ability to quickly learn new topics and understand the interdependencies between areas
- Ability to interact and co-ordinate with other functions within the Alliance Management Team.
- High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position
- Bedfont Lakes, London (United Kingdom)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more