The Operations Support & Facility Manager is responsible for managing all BPD Site improvements and maintenance initiatives to optimize operations and business efficiency and minimize security and safety risks at the 200-employee location. Key responsibility is to increase Site safety and productivity through optimized facility management. Also responsible for increasing field safety and productivity through the optimization of all legacy PII and BH support equipment applying simplification, convergence, best practices, benchmarking and include the roll-out of the new support equipment system (universal tray).
The Operations Support & Facility Manager is responsible for all logistic operations activities: loading, unloading, delivery management, manage trucks rotations, drive paperwork compliance for all domestic and international shipments.
You will lead a team of 6-7 employees and contractors.
The Operations Support & Facility Manager is responsible for optimizing the customers service level throughout the OTR process leveraging the ICARE and Kimberlite programs in full compliance with the business' Quality, HSE, Integrity goals and policies.
He works closely with the Applications Engineering, Project Management, Inventory, Logistic, Shop leader and other internal stakeholders to initiate changes in procedures and practices to maximize our customers service and profitability while maintaining the highest HSE and Quality levels. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Lead Resource Management Specialist, you will:
- Make it key priority is to improve field safety and productivity by optimizing all the legacy PII and BH support equipment by making them lighter, more user friendly, less cumbersome, simpler to use applying simplification, other industries benchmarking, Fastwork approach, out-of-the-box thinking and 6S
- Converge all legacy PII and legacy BH support equipment to standardized design, common fleet. Work closely with Engineering and field operations to develop new standardized support equipment in order to improve safety and productivity in the field leveraging best practices and fastworks
- Advance our customer service level in the areas of responsiveness and flexibility, field personnel soft skills, customers interactions and engagement through simplified and easier-to-use, faster turn-around support equipment
- Manage all legacy PII and legacy BH support equipment to optimize availability and create room for volume growth. Maintain legacy PII and BH launcher and support equipment to 100% availability, 100% certification, 100% safe through annual re-certification of all support equipment during Q1 through 3rd party certifying companies. Work with outside vendors to complete 3rd part testing requirements. Manage the Chain and Sling Lifting program to include all legacy PII and BH lifting items for field and shop use
- Provide on-time, within budget and to the highest engineering standards support equipment to the Project Management and operations group
- Plan, anticipate, prepare and forecast weekly production using Maximo and production schedule to maximize support equipment availability
- Increase BPD Site Productivity and minimize HSE - Security and Safety- risks through facility optimization, responsible for all BPD site related activities. Proactively identify and implement Site initiatives to improve overall business profitability and customer service experience
- Verification of PLQ and Job Folders, tool and support equipment final quality check to ensure proper support equipment is sent in compliance with job requirements. Responsible for all tool, support equipment and gears quality check at huddle stage before shipment
- Provision and maintenance of all ancillary equipment from hand tools to trays and trailers, support equipment, support kits, chain boxes, lifting beams, etc.. Creation and maintenance of option kits (green/yellow/red tagging) to increase operations flexibility and faster turn-around
- Be responsible for operations logistic activities: manage delivery, truck loading & unloading, tool cleaning control & approval, optimize trucks rotation on site, drive paperwork compliance, create work order and tagging at reception of tools, optimize visual management, work order management (open and close) for all international (other regions, Colombia, Mexico, etc...) and domestic shipments
- Responsible for tool washing when required before delivery to shop
- Manage all EMAT parts specific storage for EMAT#4 mechanical assembly at BPD
- Work with sourcing to reduce Facility related vendors costs/prices
- Partner with the Application Engineering team to ensure that the equipment reliability and performance is consistently high, aiming to continually raise the first run success rate (CRS/TRS/ORS) to meet annual goals for the US Land Region
- Identify, develop and implement VCP projects for shop and field operations and deliver productivity to exceed annual VCP US Region target, reducing cost of Shop and Field operations year-over-year
- Accountable for leading HSE culture and compliance throughout the workplace with the support of the HSE organization. Enable business growth through a mindset of stable execution in high volume environment & production mindset approach
- Advance Kimberlite & customer programs and culture (Impression / Connection / Attitude / Response / Exceptional)
- Continuous improvement of service quality as measured by customer satisfaction responses (NPS, unsolicited positive and negative feedbacks).
- Actively support and facilitate AMO shop programs
- Develop a proactive, forward-thinking mindset for finding new ways of working, simplifying processes in operations with creative, out-of-the box thinking
- Apply 6S to site to increase overall site productivity and minimize site/facility cost
- As a role model, create and sustain a strong culture of 6S approach with strong emphasis on visual management and daily housekeeping within Operations
Examples of Key Result Areas and Relevant KPI's:
- Timely achievement of project deadlines
- Continuous improvement of service quality, as measured by customer satisfaction responses
- Improved productivity year over year as measured by functional site costs, tool refurbishment turn-around and field execution costs
- HSE performance as measured by HSE core metrics, 6S metrics
- Consolidated legacy PII and BH launcher and support equipment to 100% availability, 100% certification, 100% safe
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum of 9 years of experience specifically in pipeline ILI inspection and team leadership).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience specifically in pipeline ILI inspection and team leadership
- Able to motivate and influence in a matrix organization and able to provide candid feedback in a constructive manner
- Fastworks approach to problem solving
- Recognized technical qualification in electrical and/or mechanical engineering
- Passionate about customer satisfaction with a demonstrable sense of urgency with customer requests
- Excellent business acumen to achieve maximum profitability within Shop and Field Operations while maintaining high HSE & Quality levels
- Excel at prioritizing workload and initiatives in a conflicting-priorities, fast-pace changing environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Results driven and deadline orientated
- Demonstrated Role Model as a natural team leader working collaboratively with peers at resolving daily issues and challenges with excellent communication skills
- Possess inherent sense of personal accountability and able to see ahead and project outcomes, excellent at anticipating and seeing around the corner
- Demonstrated natural ability to always look forward, to find better ways, consistently challenging the status quo, thinking out-of-the box, demonstrated relentless sense of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to anticipate and prepare
- Demonstrated ability at thinking out of the box
- Comfortable managing in high pace, mass volume environment.
- Energetic, dynamic self-motivated individual
- Ability to solve complex issues with conflicting priorities and communicate resolution
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more