Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a hands-on technical role that requires market-leading expertise in SAP BW. As a SAP BW Architect, you will Own customer success and delight by directing, organizing and leading one or more engagement(s) in SAP BI. The SAP BW Solution Architect translates business requirements into a detailed architecture design and delivers the requirements by developing, enhancing, SAP BW/BOBJ reporting analytics solutions for Digital Solutions Business.
This role also leads the implementation of reporting analytics solutions focused on managing data integrity, aggregating, reconciling and integrating data from multiple data sources (SAP and Non-SAP) into a global consolidated data lake reporting platform with Industry Best Practices to enable informed decision-making capabilities for Digital Solution Functions.
In addition to an analytical and data-driven mind-set, the position requires interaction with a diverse business community and the need to resolve business critical issues promptly in a challenging and dynamic environment
This role comes with an enormous opportunity to grow professionally, functionally, technically and personally in an efficient and collaborative team atmosphere.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements
- Analyze business and functional requirements to define target SAP BI/BW solution architecture
- Single point of contact for overall technology architecture & design
- Design specifications for solution components, evaluating various options (Installation of standard objects, enhancements to existing objects and creation of custom objects)
- Prepare detailed implementation plan with timelines
- Support Executing project as per plan, and ensure defect-free delivery of solution on-time
- Work with other technical SMEs to develop long-term strategy for sustainable and flexible reporting architecture on top of SAP BW
- Ensure adoption of best-in-class practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation
- Drive timely and proactive issue identification, escalation & resolution
Provide technical leadership for the team to perform the following activities.
- Design and develop BW data models & data flow objects in SAP BW 7.5
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, data sources and required routines.
- Design and develop complex BEx queries to meet reporting requirements
- Adopt data modeling & data flow design best practices to develop robust & scalable solutions.
- Configure and install SAP BW Business Content
- Activate, Configure & Enhance Generic and Business Content Extractors by functional area
- Optimize reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring tool, Aggregates, Indexes, InfoCube Compression, InfoCube Partitioning and Statistics.
- Develop and trouble shoot ABAP programs including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
Qualifications / Requirements
- 6 to 8 years of relevant, hands-on experience with the following:
- SAP BW ETL and modeling
- SAP BEx - Query Designer, Analyzer and Web Analyzer
- SAP BW + BOBJ Integration
- Configuration and installation of SAP BI Standard Content
- Strong ABAP skills
- BW 7.4 + and LSA++ architecture experience
- BW Upgrade Experience
Following expertise, while optional will be a plus:
- Experience on SAP HANA Enterprise
- Strong ETL experience with tools such as, SAP BO Data Services, Informatica or SSIS
- Experience on non-SAP Visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
- The candidate should have a strong business acumen and understanding in a business process area (Finance, Supply Chain, Project Management, and Manufacturing) and proven track record in leading and developing complex SAP BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations.
- Knowledge in SAP EEC SD, MM, PS and FI/CO modules.
- Working experience in Rally