Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
An exciting opportunity to take on a design role within the full lifecycle of product development from concept design to delivery at all levels. Working as part of a fast-paced Engineering team, the Designer will take on the following tasks to Design and Develop Subsea Life of Field Equipment.
* Use creative design techniques to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems.
* Be responsible for the design of pressure containing spools and blocks, fabrications and assemblies.
* Participate in the full design process from initial concept generation to product commercialization.
* Participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications and designs.
* Create technical models, assemblies, drawings and BOMs in 2D and 3D CAD.
* Create piping and instrumentation diagrams in 2D CAD.
* Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
* Comply with all applicable company policies, including Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
Skills / Experience required:
* Formal qualification (HND or higher) in Computer Aided Engineering/Design or equivalent.
* Formal training or experience in creating technical engineering drawings.
* Excellent user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
* Experience of Inventor 3D and/or AutoCAD 2D.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Good working knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly.
* Capable user of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word.
The following would also be of benefit in the role:
* Working knowledge of subsea production systems.
* Experience in the design and development of retrievable subsea equipment and/or chokes.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.