Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The Senior VSAT Engineer is responsible for providing onsite & remote technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world. Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity.
- Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner.
- Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUCs, LNBs, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
- Provide Tier III assistance and interface with iDirect & liaise with TAC for high level incident resolution.
- Provides technical training and assistance to junior level personnel.
- Provide team scheduling for normal and off hours.
- Plan and schedule major network migrations and upgrades.
- Available to travel domestic and international up to 20%.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum seven (7) years' working on VSAT technologies
- Qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies
- Proven in-depth experience in the area of network health and expansion, iDirect NMS server and Protocol Processor O&M, network sizing, frequency management and Quality Assurance of link budget calculations and frequency planning is required.
- 7+ years' experience working directly with customer and client technical teams.
- Experience in Engineering and operating iDirect TDM/TDMA VSAT systems.
- Experience in satellite Network Operations and Field Services.
- Understand the unique operational and technical complexities of VSAT systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE; must be able to obtain
- Expert understanding of:
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking (Cisco experience preferred).
- Familiar with Spectrum Analyzers and BER Test Equipment.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.