Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH). Position Summary
Responsible for strategic support of projects under the direction of the Production Manager or other senior managers. Expectation of this function requires clearly communicated and coordinated team management efforts involving all the activities and interaction with all support groups within OTECH. Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties include coordinating and scheduling of jobs.
- Create plans and track progress.
- Interface with technical and support disciplines and with vendors.
- Production of various documentation deliverables including status reports, action item lists, etc.
- Coordination of procurement activities as necessary; duties may include collating vendor quotations, generating requisitions, and tracking purchase orders throughout the project.
- Explain and interpret information to others regarding the process of a job.
- Provide support, helping with planning, work, solve difficult problems, and directing them to resources. Will act as a conduit of communications into and out of the group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are important.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Some travel may be required.
- The above list is only a representative sample of what the Senior Manufacturing and Production Coordinator might be called upon to do daily. There will be occasions when they may perform other special projects or duties as required by the Production Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience may be considered
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in comparable area
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required; technical writing and editing skills are required
- Knowledgeable of CAD software such as AutoCAD or Solid Works software a plus
- Understanding of blue print, reading and interpretation.
- General knowledge of project management procedures
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- Must be able to obtain a United States Government Security Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.