Responsible for operating plant, utilities, and equipment for producing or refining oil and/or gas.Field Service Specialist
We are seeking a highly-motivated, mechanically inclined Production Operator with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic, hands on, field-based work environment. You will be responsible for working in the field with other teams to install new infrastructure (well, equipment, facilities), perform repairs, perform preventative maintenance on existing equipment, diagnose issues, conduct root cause failure analysis, pre and post job reviews, handle contractor work, collect data / validate conditions, and investigate customer/3rd party issues.
Key components of this role are supporting a manufacturing business mindset with periodic quality assurance or verifications of business processes including safety, understanding and driving non-desired outcomes (defects and variability) out of the operating model, and collaborating across teams to drive improvement into the business though fundamental changes in operating practices. The physical demands are frequent: standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements. In addition, there are periodic demands of: operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones and occasionally lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
What we need from you:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with remote staff on problems that may be encountered using phone, video or virtual assist technology
- Analytical prowess to leverage data and available resources to resolve key issues that arise every single day in the field.
- Gain full cycle understanding of oil and gas operating systems from reservoir to sales line.
- Actively schedule activities and make yourself available to assist others and build partnerships.
- Seek out opportunities to increase capability and capacity and assist in identifying training gaps within the team.
- Actively participate as a member of business unit to improve team processes and build interdependent team culture.
- Proven ability to learn or conduct basic failure analysis, nodal analysis
- Validated problem-solving ability used in similar settings with impactful results to the business.
- Experience using data to drive decision-making
- High level of aptitude and interest with new technology
Preferred skills and behaviors:
- Experience in oil and gas or other manufacturing/industrial business
- Understanding of oil and gas industry
- Electro-mechanical background with experience working in lean processes environment
- Conscious of desired vs. non-desired outcomes and willingness to affect change
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Extraordinary listening and social skills along with upbeat, naturally inquisitive, and confidence-instilling approach both remotely and in person.
- Close out estimates, complete post-construction checks, complete as-builts and review contractor invoices
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, handling challenging demands, and taking care of frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Understanding of databases, data architecture, and technologies used to transform and transport data