Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will be responsible to perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation. Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment. Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites. Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability. Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration. Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization. Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis. Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary. Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites. Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards. Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage. Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
• Lead and execute foundation and soft foot check and adjustments.
• Lead and execute assembly/installation and alignment of the equipment
• Lead and execute independently inspection of the equipment
• Provide business ownership for work in assigned areas
• Establish and maintain business relationships (customer and GE)
• Provide leadership to balance customer service satisfaction and GE objectives
• Drive Safety, On-time Delivery, Productivity, Quality, and Cost
• Perform field engineering service work, as required, to properly serve the customer
• Support emergent and emergency customer needs
• Create an engaging work environment where other GE and the customer's employees are motivated to optimally perform
• Own lessons learned process for GE / customer efforts at assigned sites, ensuring all GE and customer learning are applied, increasing probability of achieving customer goals.
• Support Root Cause Analysis efforts within customer and GE organizations relating to customer failures, forced outages and incidents of interest.
• Engineering degree or technical degree.
• Knowledge of GEO&G equipment's, site operation, commissioning and start-up.
• Capability in working under pressure, clear thinking, decisiveness. Team player skills.
• Minimum 5 years with Field Engineer experience with TMS industry within maintenance or installation field activities
• Ability and willingness to work on Field Services outages 70-80 % of the time. Availability to frequent travel worldwide. Availability to work in on-shore and off-shore sites.
• Knowledge of turbine generators and or compressors equipment. Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc...)
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills
• Must be a leader with excellent listening, project management, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Control Field Engineer/Technician with Project Management experience, or a Specialist from one of many fields, who can act as the primary contact and coordinator for GE with Customers during outage and non-outage periods
• Ability to effectively work with the Customer at all levels of their organization - from day to day users of GE products and services to the Customer's Executives
• Ability to provide technical direction of skilled craft labor, track costs, update schedules and communicate effectively at all levels as a site manager
• Advanced computer skills including ability to work in Microsoft Office Suite environment, ability to learn special GE applications, and ability to utilize (or learn) identified Project Management software applications such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
• Field Engineering experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
• Knowledge of MKVIe or RX3i or Woodward Control panels
Macaé - RJ, Brasil
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more