Job Description Bring us your technical safety engineering expertise. We'll explore a world of opportunities where our global scale and business diversity give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, enabling you to continuously grow your career.Where you fit in:
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you're here. You'll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You'll have limitless opportunities to explore - that means building up new areas of expertise or taking your career in a different direction.What's the role?
We'll entrust you with providing technical safety engineering, and guidance to the ONEgas (UK) asset, as well as being involved in functional initiatives.
You'll be expected to:
- Identify, assess and manage major hazards in a range of activities across the business.
- Ensure that the facilities are designed and operated in a manner where the risks associated with Major Hazards have been reduced to a level which is as low as is reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Ensure that the safety engineering and hazard management standards are adhered to, or that requested deviations to these standards are prepared with the right quality.
- Identify the systems required to manage the major hazards (Safety Critical Elements) and defining the safety performance required from these systems.
- Provide advise on mitigating measures in case of systems failure to deliver this performance.
- Manage and deliver safety engineering support activities performed by specialist consultants or contractors.
aturally, you're the kind of person who works in a small team on the management and maintenance of the Safety Cases and the safety studies that support the safety case that is in place for each facility. You will be involved assessing the effect of engineering and operational changes through studies including HAZIDs/HAZOPs, fire and explosion analyses, and Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) etc. You will take the lead for identifying any measures that can be implemented to reduce the risks further.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements What we need from you:
We're keen to hear from passionate individuals who are a self-motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills. A professional with a good customer focus and a keen eye in identifying risks. Beyond that, we'd hope to see the following on your CV:
- A degree in engineering or science. A post graduate qualification in safety engineering or hazard and risk management would be an advantage;
- Experience in the petrochemical industry together with a thorough understanding of technologies and practices as they relate to oil and gas production facilities. candidates with hazard and risk management experience gained in other industries will also be considered;
- Understanding the requirements of effective hazard and risk management in an operating environment and are keen to develop their career in this area.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.